National Lake Trout Derby

I saw the most bait of the season so far on Sunday when I fished the west side. A few miles south of Severne (sp?) to north of the Showboat 80' seem to hold a lot of the upper end and 120' to 140' on the lower. When we were jigging we were on aplie of it for a long time but never pick up a fish till were got out of the bait..................

ray, you did not mention Jason, thought he said he was fishing with you. saw a van with your name on it in the watkins marina parking lot, if you didn't launch there and lost your van start your search there!!! i fished with my kid (daughter) and had a ball until we lost both of our proctologist flys, one on a fish the other on the bottom fighting that same fish, i really wanted to cry but it probably would of spioled the image my girl has of me!! went 13 for 18 on sat. went 11 for 13 on sunday, got blown off the sundaygotta go jason just called-- rollie

We couldn't get anything to hit on a fly. The lakers came on all spoons - black/purple, black/silver, black/blue and yellow/green. We marked loads of bait on Saturday south of Long Point. We couldn't find a lot of bait on Sunday near Long Point and Monday it was back again. We kept going through it and picked up one small laker. Next year I will have to remember to just be either side of it. Most of the lakers came 84' down on the riggers and 30' -40' back. Sometime we shorten the leader but for the most part they were 30' - 40' back. We stayed in the 100' - 140' FOW.