Otisco 6/3

MeatHunter737

I tried to do some trolling tonight but before I could do too much I kept catching floating weeds and all the white cotton stuff that's been floating in the air lately. So I decided to go anchor where I wanted to be around midnight. 12:30 rolled around and I latched onto the biggest tiger of my life! It was definitely over 36".... being in a kayak I couldn't measure it, and luckily I had a gaff with me because it wouldn't fit in my net. I put 2 stringers through the gaff hole with sliding clasps on the wire part and I figured that should hold it.... and it did till I tried to paddle 3/4 of a mile back to where I launched. About halfway there I felt it tug extremely hard and I felt a give in the weight of the tow. It had straightend both of the clasps and is back swimming as we speak. It had alot of weight... so much that when it wrapped the stringer around my anchor rope it nearly flipped me... I thought I was going over! I wanted to know what a musky patty tasted like and since that was my first over 36" I was looking forward to taking a few pics and grinding it up.... but I didn't come home empty handed. I landed a 24" eye that came on my brand new bomber... so I'm glad to see that my new lure landed me 2 fish tonight! Here's my Thursday lunch

20150604_031528.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That must have been exciting. I'm glad the fish won in the end,though. Eating any esox causes E.D,so be careful. I have an extra beckman net you can have if you want to pick it up in Newark. It's one size down from the big musky pen. Gaff is illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Eating esox causes e.d.? Man in glad that thing got away!

Right...you don't want to deal with the results of taking a little blue pill while in a kayak....it may change the balance of the vessel.

Edited by Gill-T

I saw you plain as day. I heard you catch the tiger i think....there were two big tigers working near me, but thankfully we didn't get into either one. Quite a bit deeper where you were. I enjoy them but not on spin tackle in the dark in super shallow anchored...guaranteed chaos! I've never actually tried to target them at night, but I think its possible if you don't anchor and bring heavier tackle.

I was anchored in about 8' of water. I thought I was a bit deep but with all the activity plus ticking weeds with a HJ here and there I figured it was a decent spot. Left at 1:30... wanted to put more time in but that tiger was pulling me around pretty good. Next time I'm just gonna unhook and let go. What a pain in the ass it was.