I started early w/ my first Brown coming at 550 am. What I thought was going to be a great day turned out to be tough going with only one fish for three hours of fishing. I worked hard and covered a lot of water picking up one here and there. Then the skies got brighter and the water came slick calm. On my way into to Stoney Creek boat launch I landed the two largest at 2 pm ( 8 and 10 lb). How lucky is that. It's still tough out there! Oh yeah I took all fish on MS Emerald Shiner Spoon. Best part of the day was when I could finally just wear shorts ( scary). What a beautiful day!

Bandit 49 :lol:

Hi Fishstix: Black Pond sits between Stoney Point near Henderson and just a few miles north of Southwicks state Park. Its a sandy dunes shoreline much like Sandy Pond. Black Pond is indeed a small pond which when runoff is high cuts a path thru the beach to the lake. Just to the north of the pond lies Stoney Creek boat launch, a NYS free boat launch in very good shape. Good place to launch in a protected creek. Stoney Creek runs thru the small village of Henderson and then to the lake.

Bandit 49