4to6 lbrs from the fingers are great also,like to cube in 2 in chunks and deep fry  gotta be fresh tho proper cleaning and cookin is required...............like i tell people ya gut shoot a deer let it lay for a day and serve it up for the first time for someone and that will be the last deer meat they eat......proper killin,cleaning and cookin..is a must

It is hard to imagine a fillet O'Laker tasting good when they are busy crapping all over your boat. :puke:

Come to think of it that pooh looks a lot like the green stuff that comes out of a cooked lobster. Maybe we're missing something? At least a lobster puts up a good fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have people ask all the time if they are good. I say it is all in how it is prepped like ray said. I'll take a nice small one and grill it up on the boat and everyone will devour the whole thing.. or bring it home cook it however you want and make fish patties out of the rest (Google fresh salmon patties) and. They are awesome like that as well. ( all our lake species are). but it is definitely a fish you don't want to sit in the freezer for awhile it will taste fishy. it would be definitely be a blast getting out ice fishing for them if the lake froze safely!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lake Trout on Salmon gear are not a lot of fun, as already mentioned, but catch them on Brown Trout or Walleye rod/reel combos and that is a different story.

Either way though, sure beats working.

Walleyes fight terrible too, but they are tastey. Cant wait to get another smaller LT to have the Family try it.

What the heck happened to you!? I smoked some Lakers and couldn't believe the diff in taste to the salmon. Puke!

Finger lakes Lakers are good though.

silverfoxcharters.net

My favorite way to prepare small lakers is poaching in aluminum foil. Clean the fish but do not filet it. Drizzle some olive oil on aluminum foil and lay the laker on it. Stuff it with some sliced onion and a bit of garlick. Now take some dill, lemon and butter sauce (McCormick) and pour inside. Pour more of the sauce on top and sprinkle some grated cheese (parmagan). Now lay some slices of lemon and some parsley on top. Fold up foil and lay the package on the grill. Let it steam inside the foil for 4 or 5 minutes and serve with white wine. I like to pour some wine on the fish so it poaches in the wine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by rolmops