I have two older sealines right now..... Tossing the idea of trying a convector to see how they are..... I know they are not top of the line.... I am just a weekend angler so wondering is the convectors are the way to go....... Wondering your guys thoughts????

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have 4 cv20's that I use for my dipsys. They've never let me down. 1000ft of 20lb wire fills it right to the top so the counters are accurate with them. If you use the 30's put backing on so the reel is filled to the top or your counters will be off. I like the 20's because of the light weight and faster retrieve rate. JMO

Total Chaos

I agree with Andy, just have the sealines redone. Send them to Tuna Tom's and they will be as good as new or better!!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'd also recommend a complete service and drag improvement on your Daiwas. Done right, they should be better than new. 

Spending money on convectors is a step sideways given your current Daiwas. If you want new reels then invest a bit more and get the Okuma Catalina 305-Da. It's the best wire reel going.

Edited by John E Powell

thumburn, anything mechanical will eventually need service, I spend a lot of money on fishing equipment and insist on everything being in top shape, I use tuna reel service, great service, and really fasy turn around and a factory warranty center. if its worth owning, its worth taking care of. tight lines.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Lake Ontario United mobile app