Flashers wth spoons

How often if ever do any of u run spoons behind a flasher. I have mixed feelings about it . But have been told by a few it can b hot. If u do.. r u also matching patterns ?at the least I would expect similar color

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Never tried it myself. I want to say it was brought up in the salmon school this past year but have to check my notes. Like anything give it a run to see I'd suggest light spoons to keep action up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Put them out esp. during the LOC derby for big steelhead.  Use a heavier blank like an NK that is speed tolerant as the flasher will give additional action to the spoon.  Run a long leader from the flasher say 4'-5'.  You will catch kings on the rig too.  Find that lower end temp for steelhead say 58 degrees right at the temp break and put them out on a dipsy at that level.  

Have done it several times. I will put that out when fishing is tough to give the fish something they have not been seeing. Usually a dodger with like said, a four to five foot leader to the spoon. A top producer one spring out at the bar was a white dodger and a black spoon with purple tape and a white cup.

Flashers are just attractors that bring the fish to the bait.  I used a 3.5 to 4' leader with the 8" protroll or pro-king flashers.. I like the lighter blanks so the kick of the flasher jerks the spoon more. NK used to make a "flasher" spoon on a aluminum blank.  The triangle flashers like the Tri-Flash or the Dee's , and   another one that works too.   There is a new one from protroll that just spins took fish for us last year.,  agitator, maybe.

Edited by Big Dave

I also use them like Big Dave usually with a lighter spoon but when I go that route I change to a traditional dodger for one off the downriggers and an Echip flasher on the other downrigger fairly short to the weight (e.g 6-8 ft of so and both with light weight spoons. Each has a slightly different action and I stagger them so that one trails behind the other distance wise but not too far back that they can tangle on turns.

Fun on slow days when you have time to see how many lines you can get in the water. When the fish are on, working flasher/fly colors and leader lengths at different sizes is a lot more productive. This spring has been a heavy spoon bite. Give em what they want.