We fished this morning for 3 hours at Sandy Creek. 100-150 fow riggers at 45 - 40 - 30 and dispys at 110' and 120' we only got one small king. We didn't get out until around 8am so we missed the early bite. Seemed to be slow the last few days. Should I try something different (depth, speed, presentation) or just keep plugging away? Does the east wind screw things up?

Thanks

I'm a firm believer in the wind direction some of the guys that been on the lake might chime in here on why the easterly winds kill the bite. My dad used to have this saying,"winds from east fishing will be the least, and winds from the west fishing will be the best" I don't know but it seems to hold out. LOL.

Last week Sadny was on fire.  Temp was set up really good until the East winds.  The East winds have broken up what good temps we had set up.  When I was out last Friday, we had 58 on top and 49 degrees down to 80'.  We took kings from 40 - 85 down.  The early bite was also the key.  We had 9 kings on the floor before 7am.  after 9am it was really slow. 

We went 0/1 last night on a three hour tour. Crap temps everywhere and a strange inversion from 140-180, where it was 2 degrees warmer on the surface than inside or outside, but 2 degrees colder down 40'. Go figure. Out again Sunday.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts... My dad has always used that same lil saying about the wind direction but I thought he made it up! We also did great last week. But on our low tech boat we do to have the down temp thingy so we are guessing (and stealing info off here) a lot of the time. Thanks again for the replys.