Bow for bow fishing?

My buddy asked me if I can write something asking if anyone is selling one or where he could possibly find one?  He wants to start getting into it so just thought id help him out

Good Luck, Tight lines, Screaming Reels

My previous job used to be a archery technician, and I also bow fish a decent amount, so what I will recommend is that your buddy look on craigslist for an older bow probably 40-50 lbs draw. Anything more he will be blowing up arrows on rocks in shallower water. then have him make arrangements with the seller to have a certified tech look over the bow before purchase to make sure the bow is SAFE and functional.  I have had a lot of customers bring me bows they have bought cheap that had limb problems or needed more maintenance then what they were worth. Bow fishing will beat the snot out of your bow so no need for anything fancy or expensive. Then get a decent retriever I like the AMS kit they sell at gander mtn. or field and stream. its like 150 but you get 2 arrows, retriever, Dacron line, arrow rest, safety nocks, and replacement tips for your arrows.