• 2 weeks later...

good day today August 6 Thursday, set chartreuse green spin doctors and same flies at 11 am¨, I am a lazy guy, out of port Dalhousie in 90-100 ft water and the lakers came off the bottom, one after another until 4 pm, I had 5 for 8 so time to get back in! One laker was a real pig, probably around 18 lbs. so I will be back this weekend for these headshaking grunts!

got about a dozen lakers this past week in 3 outings, a couple real hogs again and I missed the same amount that I caught. weather of late is shutting me down now but it was the same scenario all week with green chartreuse spin doctors and same flies just off the bottom on riggers in 100 ft water, off port Dalhousie! And all the fish were caught on calm lake conditions, no waves!

• 2 weeks later...

What a f-ing bunch of wussies on this board! Anyway went out again on sat. aug 15 at about 9am , yes I am lazy, anyway I will buck the trend sooner or later!  so got out in 100 ft water out of pt Dalhousie and before I can drop my cheater we got a nice laker AND  on it went for 4 more hrs. of steady fishing and got 7 more all on green dolphin atomic  flies and green spin doctors! And when I finally got back to the dock I had major drinks on order to fight the heat wave!

I post a few reports every year but this year i havent got out much and when i have fished its been pretty slow, usually 10 or less hits a day with 6-8 fish in the boat. The bluffs have been rough this year.

Ill be out sat so ill try to grace you with a report ok bud!

Figured id add that i posted a report a few weeks ago that didnt recieve a single response, which is fine but instead of people constantly posting and begging for spots and tricks and tips maybe they could actually read a report or 2 and try to learn something. I remember when the north shore forum actually had reports, not just newbs looking for a pile of free info without doing any work whatsoever themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

OK gone out sat. aug 29 calm water and  7 lakers biting  all day on the same green spin doctors and green atomic  flies in 100 water out of Port Dalhousie, and sunday I went out of Port Dalhousie again around 9 am and set up down riggers in 20 ft water off the pier and BANG ! 1st salmon of the season so I set up again and then not even 5 min. later I got another one on the same green spin doctor and fly, but this guy is spooling me so I take a hard turn to recover but there is no room to maneuver  cause we have like 30 boats in the same area!. My maneuvering gets my salmon caught in my suzuki outboard  as other boats go by! So anyway the salmon broke the line and while I was setting up again my wife seen the salmon just bopping around the surface with all my gear so we went to get him and he disappeared again!!!!! So I set up again 30  min later he shows up again on the surface with my spin doctor and fly in his mouth! SO again we try to get him as he was swimming In circles, but yes we netted him finally and got my spin doctor and atomic  fly back!  So much fun!!!!!!

I will add another comment from my last  salmon action blog, and when the salmon action shuts down  cause i think they are light sensitive,  just go to 100 ft water straight out port Dalhousie  watch your sonar for hogs on the bottom then drop a green spin doctor and the best fly like a green dolphin fly in 86 water off the riggers , and make sure your rigger is set right  like 0 means surface water! so 86 ft  means 86 ft! no deviance!

This story kind of sucks. Did well on Friday, then packed everything up and went to the Soo. Washed lures for 2 days and came back to Port. Out this morning over 100 feet of water and took a big rip on a dipsie back 300 feet with a flasher and fly. Drags was too tight, a knot slipped and $20.00 worth of tackle was quickly donated to the lake. Should have stayed in tight. Lots of boats working they area. Pulled one shaker on a flasher and fly, but that was it for us. The grass is always greener, I guess..... NOT!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Again when the salmon action slows down  go to 100 ft water  out of port Dalhousie and watch for hogs off the bottom around the white red buoy about 2 miles out :)  and sink your

green spin doctor and green blue haze atomic fly to 85 or 86 ft  off the riggers and get the net ready :yes:  !

OK gone out sat. aug 29 calm water and  7 lakers biting  all day on the same green spin doctors and green atomic  flies in 100 water out of Port Dalhousie, and sunday I went out of Port Dalhousie again around 9 am and set up down riggers in 20 ft water off the pier and BANG ! 1st salmon of the season so I set up again and then not even 5 min. later I got another one on the same green spin doctor and fly, but this guy is spooling me so I take a hard turn to recover but there is no room to maneuver  cause we have like 30 boats in the same area!. My maneuvering gets my salmon caught in my suzuki outboard  as other boats go by! So anyway the salmon broke the line and while I was setting up again my wife seen the salmon just bopping around the surface with all my gear so we went to get him and he disappeared again!!!!! So I set up again 30  min later he shows up again on the surface with my spin doctor and fly in his mouth! SO again we try to get him as he was swimming In circles, but yes we netted him finally and got my spin doctor and atomic  fly back!  So much fun!!!!!!

Thats awesome

WOW a sailboat with riggers, I think I take a picture for sure for Facebook@ The 100 ft trick has been steady for the last 2 months now! I has actually intensified over the last few weeks, it seems the hotter the weather and the calmer lake just attracts these laker hogs!