OK, went out sat. sep. 5 out of port Dalhousie around 10 am because that is  my wake up time :yawn: and tried off the pier again in 20ft water for about 2 hrs doing the merry-goround of MANY boats and got ****! So we shuffle off to the old hangout in 100 water off the buoy and BANG  again and got 3 more lake trout pigs before I caved to the hot weather! SO I am laughing again at all the idiots looking for salmon when u can get lake trout all day long in the area that I told u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you target lake trout with the right tackle (medium light rods and clean spoons), lakers can be a ton of fun.

if your using over sized king tackle, or cheap tdr's, then yes, lakers can be boring.

we run 7' spinning rods and reels off our riggers for lakers...that is fun!!!

i'd take 20 lakers fishing with the right tackle than one King, lol.

I WOULD RATHER CATCH 20 LAKE TROUT THAN 1 SALMON!  LAKE TROUT ARE A GREAT  CATCH ANYTIME AND NOT JUST THAT , BUT THEY ARE ALWAYS BITING IF U KNOW WHERE TO GO!  ! TO HAVE ANY KIND OF FISHERY IN THIS DAY AND AGE WITH ALL THE POLLUTION AND RAPING OF FISHERIES IS A BLESSING!

• 2 weeks later...

ok I was out last Thursday when I woke up at 9 so I did the merry-go-round salmon thing off the PORT DALHOUSIE pier and got a 15lbs chinook around 9.30am in 30 ft water on the same green spin doctors and fly, so I did the merry go round for another hour and got s-it! So off we shuffle to the LAKE TROUT HEAVEN in 100 water near the buoy off port and sure enough the lakers are biting on the same green spin doctors and atomic flies! Actually I got the biggest laker last week of the whole season! The laker was bigger than my 15 lbs salmon! I got a 36 inch cooler and it barely fit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...