Cannon rigger fix

I started noticing my rigger slipping on the way up today.... It would make a loud crashing noise..... Every once in a while on the way up.... Anyone fix cannons near rochester ? Anyone else have a similar problem.... Older magnum 10a... White housing

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You probably need to tighten the know on the side of your spool iv had them come loose before and do the same exact thing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds like it could be similar to an issue I had a few years ago when I was pulling a 13lb weight on old Mag 10A. Rigger started catching on way up and eventually wouldn't hold either up or down. What I found was motor drive assembly had three plastic pucks that had disintegrated. Not too hard to check-pull cover and the motor assembly. Remove gear and check under gasket material. If you see small white plastic chunks that's the problem. Kind of tough to find those old motors and they were sold as a complete assembly. Those 10A's had a 10lb weight limit so I just figured I'd found the weak link. I'd had the rigger for 25+ years so I upgraded with 20lb weight limit. Good luck with the problem.

Didn't see anything when I took the cover off.... Didn't want to get myself in to deep... Called screwy Louie's and he said proly something easy as long as the motor works.... So sent it out to them yesterday.... Tbc......

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...