Fishing Dexter Marsh

Yes no problem! Fish the North side of the bay inside the bouys, starting with the last bout all the way to the river. Try to drift on the deep side of the weed line. Unless its improved, the Pike fishing dropped off significantly years ago. 25+ years ago..7-8 lbs was fairly common with some real monsters in there. It all changed when they started stocking Salmon.

it's shallow. waters come up a bit in the past week. I have a cabin there and it's tricky getting the boat in to my dock. you'll be ok with the trolling motor I'd think. I've been all around the grass islands and it's 2-3 tops. there's 2 or 3 channels in there but by channels I'm talking 5 feet. The main channel drops to 9 feet in a few places that's where I've caught the most fish. It's tricky getting in there. There's a large sandbar that runs parallel to the black river. there's a small point right near the first bouy heading up river. you can sneak in there but you need to be within 30' of that point to not get stuck on the bar. Made that mistake my fist time out. Otherwise you outta be ok. Don't bother getting too far towards the military rd launch, it's super shallow and there's some pipes sticking up just below the surface, you can't see them now but they're there. See lots of pike and bass jumping in the evenings when I'm sitting on my porch. There's no signs but it's understood that area is all no wake, lots of boats and docks in there so just go easy once you get past that point. If you head in PM me for more info. Neighbor kids caught a bunch of bullhead off my dock saturday night, so that's an option as well.

Thanks buddy, I knew you if anyone would be able to help the guy out, can I get my 22ft Sea Ray to your dock? Weather permitting either this Saturday or next I will be coming up to put on my new/used lower unit, would like to get together, pm me your cell# as I lost it, I'll give you a call when I think I'll be able to get there. My uncle and friend are coming up and they are masons, so the rain this week might not allow us to make it this week but if not definitely the following week it will be, I really hope it's the following week on the account of the high water. Did you ever fish above the dam on the Black River? I would really like to go up there. I'll pm you the rest of the story. PAP.