Wanted to say thanks to all !

This will probably be my last post of the week before I head to Point Breeze. I wanted to say "thank you" to everyone who has given me advise over the past month. I have gained much more confidence in setting up my game plan, as well as gained confidence as a fisherman in general. I can't stress enough how grateful I am guys !!

We arrive at Point Breeze on Saturday and will be staying right at Clean Sweep cabin 1 (right before the bend to the launch/Black North Inn)). It will be hard to miss my "bright yellow" 1974 Reinelle sitting in their driveway. If you fancy old Mercury "Tower of power" motors, stop and have a peek at my vintage 72' 1150. If you happen to be driving by, stop in and have a beer......or if your at the right time maybe enjoy some good food ! We welcome anyone at anytime. Coolers will be filled with plenty of ice cold beer -

We will definitely head down to the weigh in on Saturday and Sunday if we are not on the lake. I want to say "GOOD LUCK" to everyone involved in the tournament.......I hope the weather and fish cooperate for everyone. Tight lines !!

Understandably with the upcoming tourney people will be a bit tight lipped. I can appreciate that. So....any last advise from anyone ?? (I know...LOL). :lipssealed:  

Is there any areas out of Point Breeze I should avoid ? Hazards ?

Once again, thank you to all the fine fisherman who have tolerated my questions, and offered sound advise !!

BTW - My name is Adam.

Adam! Very cool and gracious post! Hope your vacation is filled with good weather and great fishing! I might be around there this week end. I can tell you that the east pass out by the breakwall has a prop eater during low water. I always use the west pass now and if you do you will have no problems. Those posts at the end of the launch docks are a PIA..they jut out in the way so be aware of them while approaching as they have very sharp edges on the top of them, they have damaged many boats and fingers. I talked to the county parks commissioner about it years ago but it fell on deaf ears I guess.

Fishing has not been too stellar for kings lately unless you run way off to 28 29 lines north only heard of a few caught. I haven't been fishing directly in front of port. Lots of coho down near devils nose and lake trout are everywhere around. There's been some good color and temp down by devil's nose but it is a long run to there down east and west winds if they prevail will likely send that color back towards sandy creek more. Hope the lake sets up with for you and you have good luck! If I'm around I'll stop by. Maybe talk about that charcoal retort your uncle had! LOL!

MARK

You are very welcome Adam, thanks for the gracious invite!! Good luck, this board is put together with a vast of knowledge from every walk of life, I think that's why this is the greatest fishing site there is, for the northeast. Your friend PAP!!!! {Mike}

Edited by pap

Mark, absolutely......stop on by. We are always willing to talk BBQ and smoking !! It is one of the things me and my 2 uncles have in common. We are always grilling up something. Thanks for the last minute advise !! I look forward to spending the week on some new water, and hopefully get rewarded with a few fish.

Pap - This website has been a great asset to me. I just like talking about fishing, and nice to see so many other than share the same passion. The freedom to share info without being "shamed" is awesome, and you have all been so gracious with help and advise.

I am hopeful that I can learn some new things, and that I can pass along my info with everyone and begin to contribute advise rather than take advise from everyone. One way or another I will pay you all back !!

Thanks guys !!

Lips will be sealed during tourney time but you're always welcome to stop by the boat at Lake Breeze for some confidential info. 😳. As usual it'll cost you a beer.

Be sure to introduce yourself by your screen name so you're not considered "enemy".

Some final advice---always go out the west side--east side is bad luck.

If you are fishing around other boats please pay attention to everyone's direction of troll and try to match it. It can pay off big and keep tempers from flaring.

Also keep in mind most of us fishing the tournament will be running LONG lines behind the boat and almost all will be running boards--either big boards or inlines. Crossing 50 yards behind another boat or crowding in from the side is NOT a good idea.

I saw lots of buffoonery last Sunday at the Oak--I'm sure there will be even more this weekend.

With all that said---welcome to the Oak-- THE BEST salmon port on the lake!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Trust me Paul.....I will be staying as far away from everyone as possible. I don't want any trouble, or need any headaches/aggravation. Saturday will just be a scouting day for us, cruise around and see the lay of the land. Sunday we will be very cautious of the tourney fisherman, and will most likely stay on the insides.

Monday, Tuesday, Wed and Thursday we will get a bit more adventurous, but will steer clear of the guys out doing their jobs !! I am familiar with the etiquette of "trollers" from my lake Erie experience, and am somewhat familiar with the long liners. We are in no hurry, and we are not trying to fill a limit, so it is all about family time and good laughs. My boat is pretty noticeable, so I am sure if I make someone mad they will find me (lol).  

If I feel we are crowding someone or are going to cross paths, I have no issue reeling up my 4 rods and moving away. I don't expect anyone to cater to me being I am just on vacation. You guys have a job to do !

I will certainly take you up on your offer, and again, I do appreciate it !  

Adam,

Nice post. As Paul said , you are welcome to stop by the boat and talk and we will give you the latest info.

Only difference between Paul and I is that it may take two beers to get me loosened up! We will be at the boat and on the water Thursday through Sunday.

Have a good day.

Ken

Adam,

Nice post. As Paul said , you are welcome to stop by the boat and talk and we will give you the latest info.

Only difference between Paul and I is that it may take two beers to get me loosened up! We will be at the boat and on the water Thursday through Sunday.

Have a good day.

Ken

Thanks Ken.....

Wow, you guys are awesome. I have a feeling we are going to go through a lot beer with the help you guys have offered !!! However, next time you offer advise for a beer, start with a 12 pack and negotiate from there !!!

You guys will see me.....I will be the guy tugging a large cooler on wheels filled with Labatt blue....making my rounds everyday !!!! (just kidding...well, maybe).

Adam,

Have a good day.

Ken

I didn't know the going rate was TWO beers!!

Better make it Blue Light. Regular Blue give me a headache and makes me forget stuff.

If you REALLY want to make a good impression on us locals some Sailor Jerry rum works wonders. You "might" even walk away with some tackle--and more tips than I should give out on tourney days. 😇

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Oh my goodness.....Sailor Jerry. That takes me back, and I'm not that old....but I can't remember !!! Once again Paul, thanks for the "Inside tip". This is going to be the best trip that I don't remember !!! LOL.

I second everything Adam said,except I wont be there to hand out beer.

This site is priceless and I have learned a lot in the short time I have been on here , hoping to

get out soon an put some of this information to good use.

Thank you everybody for sharing,

Chuck