Looking for some new places on I-bay

I'm mainly a bass fisherman but every trip out I like to spend an hour or so messing around trying to get a pike. I just landed my first one in nearly 2 years. With that being said, I have lost about ten due to the fact I don't use leaders... Does anyone have any good places or lures to throw for them on the bay? Currently I throw mainly size 4 and size 5 blue fox spinners

I only fish for esox but i catch as many bass as most guys that target them. Bass are not as line shy as most people think. Heavy braided line and big leaders don't scare them off nor do they hesitate to eat baits half their size. Sounds like you know where the pike are,you just need heavier gear. The best pike only bait i know of is a nickle red-eye. I like the 4" ones,but the 3" ones are just as good. If you want to fish for pike without a leader use a really big spinnerbait and you won't get bit off.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I only fish for esox but i catch as many bass as most guys that target them. Bass are not as line shy as most people think. Heavy braided line and big leaders don't scare them off nor do they hesitate to eat baits half their size. Sounds like you know where the pike are,you just need heavier gear. The best pike only bait i know of is a nickle red-eye. I like the 4" ones,but the 3" ones are just as good. If you want to fish for pike without a leader use a really big spinnerbait and you won't get bit off.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

thanks for he response... I have bigger reel that I think I will have to put braid on and then I can use that for both like and throwing frogs. Do you use a steel leader or do you tie something out of like fluorocarbon?

Look at big woods musky lures on line .....there 6" phantoms work good for pike and you can rip them off a bass rod (not ideal but it works) I've also caught many bass on them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Look at big woods musky lures on line .....there 6" phantoms work good for pike and you can rip them off a bass rod (not ideal but it works) I've also caught many bass on them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

just looked them up... My graduation party is coming up... Might have to take some money and invest in those and yet another rod