fish finder question.

I'm looking to buy a good fishfinder. I need something that Is easy to use cause I'm not very smart with this kind of stuff yet. I want one that shows the latitude and longitude on seen. I was looking at the lowrance hdi7.any input?

I have bought the elite -7 HDI chartplotter/ GPS ( no chirp) back in march.

I have used it all spring on the Hudson River for striped bass.

GPS has built on antena and calculates distance( chart plotter ) well.

The down scan was ok but really see no need as the regular screen had great detail. The regular mapping that came seemed very good on the Hudson River showing markers( can numbers) and depth scale. Haven't looked at Great Lakes yet.

Lots & lots & lots of features, settings and switch screens.

I have yet to figure most of them out , that would be my only complaint of the unit.

I paid $449.00 with a 50/200 transducer

Edited by Rich s

I fish stickly lake ontario. I started last year joining the salmon derby so I'm looking for one for the lake. I have one on my boat but it does not show me the lines on screen. Not sure if I'm explaining it right but trying.

I fish stickly lake ontario. I started last year joining the salmon derby so I'm looking for one for the lake. I have one on my boat but it does not show me the lines on screen. Not sure if I'm explaining it right but trying.

I bought mine with Ontario in mind. From folks here , my limited use and price point I think it will work well there just fine for us

Think I understand what your saying , longitude & latitude grids on screen ?

It has long/latt numbers in the GPS and waypoints . Not sure if It will pull up a grid but it has so many settings I haven't discovered yet .

You can go to the lowrance on line site and view the manuals .

Edited by Rich s