Swivels

Simple question... or so i say... ball bearing or non ball bearing swivels?

Only question I am asking is because I bought a pretty good quality non ball bearing swivel and it seems to be working pretty decent.  Heres a link to what I bought.. http://www.seastriker.com/styled-16/index.html

The ones I ordered are the non ball bearing type with coastlock at the bottom of that link.  What are all of you guys using?  I guess one of the reasons I pose this question is because if you look at the Walker Deeper Diver 124's or the protrolls or any other flasher they are all non ball bearing.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim

The only thng I use NON ball bearing swivels on is sliders on the downriggers because it doesn't seem to make a big difference there and when they get tangled it isn't as expensive to lose them. I have found through experience that ONLY the SOLID RING ball bearing swivels are worth having nomatter what brand you use :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

X4..... Really nice. Wait a minute... Tim, Scott, and I agreeing on something? Lol.... Mark this day down! Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No kidding!!!

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the heads up guys.. I appreciate the info and I will definitely buy some of the torpedo's when I need more.  I actually found a killer deal on #2 premium ball bearing swivels with coast locks (Gander Mountain brand) and I got 48 3 packs 144 total, for 26 bucks... cant beat that but it was a totally freak thing.  

Thanks,

Jim

X5 on the torpedo swivels. I've been using them for 4 years now and love them. I like the rounded end and the secure clasp. The only thing is they can be a little tricky to open. You'll get a technique where you open and twist in one motion. By the end of a season I have indents in most of my nails from opening them. Lol.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up guys.. I appreciate the info and I will definitely buy some of the torpedo's when I need more.  I actually found a killer deal on #2 premium ball bearing swivels with coast locks (Gander Mountain brand) and I got 48 3 packs 144 total, for 26 bucks... cant beat that but it was a totally freak thing.  

Thanks,

Jim

Be careful buying off brand swivels.  Stick with the Torpedo, Spro or Sampos.  Some off brands are cheaper for a reason. 

Be careful buying off brand swivels.  Stick with the Torpedo, Spro or Sampos.  Some off brands are cheaper for a reason. 

I drive 350 miles to the lake to fish. Towing the boat I get 10 mpg and empty about 16.   I am not going to cheap out on something like a swivel.