Otisco lake 6-11

Got out with BSMaster for some walleye, and hermit was up with pcpete on hermits boat so we had 4 LOU members out together. Action was very good, but we couldn't really get em to go till moonrise. Ended up 4-5 on my boat with fish from 20-26.

Mine was 6.8 lbs, very happy.  Four trips this year (plus a few last year) and finally scored casting!  Slightly tougher fishing on our boat with just the one walleye.  Just under 3 lbs of fillets.  That fish is going to taste so good tonight!

It was slow for everyone for hours then all the sudden Justin starts pulling in fish around 3 AM.  Pete and I caught lots of bass and I also had a good sized tiger muskie break off boatside.  Overall it was a very nice night.  Big thanks to Justin and a few other members for helping shorten the learning curve with all your help this spring!  Next step is more practice :)

I manage not to starve on Otisco!!! My dogs just had walleye supper from this weeks trimmings.

Hermit,

You hit the nail on the head squarely....now its practice and experience. I made half or even a third as many casts as the rest of you. I've learned to take breaks so I can be focussed for EACH cast. I missed one and joe missed 2. Some nights you can't miss others its a light bite. I can't tell you how much fun i had last nite....the tougher it is the better it feels to bend a rod. Crazy we couldn't catch during that hour long frenzy next to my boat.

Finally caught up on my sleep.  I can't stop thinking about the top water action we experienced Thursday night.  That was a lot of fun.  I highly recommend that anyone that wants to lessen the learning curve, Hook up with Justin.  I realize that Conesus is a long ways away but the lakes are eerily similar so you can use knowledge from one to fish the other.  The lake boils with alewives and the bass are little piggys.  I learned something about reaction bites that  didn't know before and I intend to use elsewhere in the future.  Yes, the fish are there to be caught but the experience of being on a new body of water and the transfer of knowledge is what made the trip fantastic for me.

Like Justin said, the lake was crazy for awhile and we couldn't boat one.  But when we hit that magic hour it felt really good.  Walleye make you work for them for sure.  I look forward to going back.  Good times for sure.

Joe

Edited by BSmaster