DON JOHANNES/PETE DEANGELO MEMORIAL FISHING TOURNAMENT

Here it is. The anouncement you've been waiting for. On Friday May 30th THE DON JOHANNES/PETE DEANGELO MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT will take place out of Wilson and Olcott. This tournament is, without a doubt, the most exciting thing to happen to Lake Ontario fishing in a while. It is designed for the everyday angler, the amateur angler out prefishing for the ProAm, and the seasoned Pro working a charter or prefishing for the tournament as well. You DO NOT have to be entered in the Pro/Am Tournament to enter this tournament.

You can register at The Slippery Sinker or The Boat Doctors in Olcott or the Wilson Boat Yard in Wilson. The entry fee is $100 per boat in CASH ONLY.

The Rules are very simple:

--Entry deadline is Friday, May 30th at 6:30 AM

--Heaviest fish (one entry per team)---for the Don Johannes Award

--Heaviest 3 fish (one entry per team)--for the Pete DeAngelo Award

--No more than 3 fish in a cooler

--Fish must be caught May 30th

--Fish may not be altered in any way (such as adding weight :roll: )

--Weigh in between 1 PM and 4:30 PM at the Lions Club Pavilion in Krull Park in Olcott.

--All awards will be paid in CASH

--Winning entrants MUST be present at Awards Ceremony to win.

--Awards Ceremony at 7:00 PM at the Pavilion---immediately following the ProAm Captain's meeting.

PAYOUT BASED ON 50 TEAMS

Don Johannes Award for Big Fish

1st--$850 2nd--$510 3rd--$340

Pete DeAngelo Award for Best Three by weight

1st--$1300 6th--$400

2nd--$800 7th--$350

3rd--$700 8th--$300

4th--$600 9th--$250

5th--$500 10th--$200

See ya there!!!

Paul

Free Spirit

Paul....Great job getting this together. This pre fish tourney, the Wilson slam, The Pro Am.....What an exciting weekend!!!

Question: Is this an all weather event?

Our team looks forward to participating in all of them. Good luck to all!

Thanks for the compliments Rod but, honestly, I had nothing to do with it. This is a joint cooperative effort between Olcott and Wilson. Mike Johannes, who has run the Don Johannes Memorial Derby for several years, saw the wisdom of teaming up with another "good cause" and recognized the need to unite the towns of Olcott and Wilson in this effort.

ALL the credit for this great event goes to Mike Johannes (Wilson), Dawn Wilson (Olcott), Bob Cinelli and a few others in Newfane, Olcott and Wilson.

All I did was post the announcement.

See ya there!

Paul

Sounds fun, I am pretty sure that we will do it

I assume you do not need an observer?

Also anyone know who might still have open slips? I'm sure it will be tough to find open slips, we would need one for Thursday night only

HI Todd,

NO OBSERVERS!

I believe both McDonough's and Hedley's have slips if The Town marina doesn't.

I also think there are some left in Wilson--though I'm not sure what marina. Give Kevin Jerge a call at the Boatyard or call Sunset Bay.

See ya there

HI Todd,

NO OBSERVERS!

I believe both McDonough's and Hedley's have slips if The Town marina doesn't.

I also think there are some left in Wilson--though I'm not sure what marina. Give Kevin Jerge a call at the Boatyard or call Sunset Bay.

See ya there

Thank you!!

We found a slip earlier this mourning at McDonoughs, The Town marina was full

We are going to fish Thursday, spend the night and fish your tournament on friday!

Our boat is looking forward to this event !! See everyone Friday.

Well, hello Dolly :D

Welcome to the site and hope you get 2nd place on Friday. Team LOUSERS is probably gonna sweep this thing. ;)