nav chip for whitney point reservoir .

fishinfreak

I have the Navionics hot maps premium, there are 118 lakes and resivours on it even my little home town lake and a little lake in NJ called Swartswood, you can do a look-up by going on their site to see if that body of water is on there, I'm quite impressed with this chip, I bought it on sale at Cabelas, list for $149.00 and I got it for $129.00

It's been tough to boat a keeper up there this year. Been up a bunch of times this year and haven't done much.Last year I pounded nice fish up there. Plenty of people up there will give you some help. I've taken most of my fish in the 10-12 ft range. Every thing from worm rigs to jr thundersticks,flicker shads (jointed) and the rebel crayfish. You see a 14ft blue starcraft that's me give me a shout.

Not Whitney point but... just got the lowrance elite 4 hdi, hooks up yesterday and pretty cool.  It came with the NAV GOLD chip, my little hometown lakes are Cuba and Rushford and Kinzua, those show NO contour or profile, just water.  Everything else is on them though, from Silver lake heading East.

Anyone know how to get those lakes? Do I need a different chip, or to download something??? Please Help....

Thanks, Jeff

It's been tough to boat a keeper up there this year. Been up a bunch of times this year and haven't done much.Last year I pounded nice fish up there. Plenty of people up there will give you some help. I've taken most of my fish in the 10-12 ft range. Every thing from worm rigs to jr thundersticks,flicker shads (jointed) and the rebel crayfish. You see a 14ft blue starcraft that's me give me a shout.

Thank you I will . Do you use bouncers with the worm rigs or flat line with weights ?

Edited by fishinfreak

I lived there for years and the only 5+ lb hogs I ever caught were through the ice, I have caught many smaller fish in summer on bottom bouncer with worm harness in the channel. Spill way is good early but probably from the Tiaghniogha. Personally I wouldn't eat any thing out of there or the Susquehanna,that being said I have caught walleye in the crick around Taylor and Pitcher that are clean but hard to get keeper sizes, numbers are there though. Walk through the farmers fields, just be careful I have been chased buy some nasty dogs around there lol.