Launch at Braddocks Bay

How is the launch at the Greece marina this year? Last year the water was so low in the channel going out I said I would avoid it if I could but the rest of the launches are so crowded on weekends which is the worse option? Why there is not a BIG state of the art launch in Monroe County around Greece/Hilton is beyond me. Irondequoit and Sandy Cr. are both a joke. So how is the channel going out of Braddocks this yr?

Running out of options. Guess I'll just make the trek to oak orchard. Even though its crowed there too on weekends at least its big enough to handle several boats at once like we should have around here. Ok so even if they do dredge the channel to 12 feet at Braddocks what about the 3 foot depth at the marina? Its still going to be an issue I think unless they get the water way up.

Try pulling a boat out at 1 pm on a nice weekend day. By the time guys take 10 minutes to walk to their car, and the long line of pleasure boats and jet skis waiting to get it, and only 1 ramp with boats waiting in line in the water to get out, youre looking at an hour wait or so. Sandy is a joke but there not many options around here unless your boats already in the water.

I camped at hamlin a few years ago and used the sandy launch on saturday and sunday when it was real nice out. An hour each time is pretty accurate. Tough to run up that hill when it's 90 out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

yea i will have to agree. the boat acess to the lake is pretty sad. i launch at sandy until the pleasure boats hit the scene, then try to avoid. nice launch just could use a few more launch lanes. you go to lake erie and look at smal boat harbor and dunkirk and that what we need, but thats the trade off for a free launch, launch fees would add up at yr end. i guess its a double edge sword. sandy at least would benefit with a shuttle service eith a college girl drivin like sbh!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sandy is a Joke, between all the traffic on weekends, long walk, and people fishing off the Dock & complaing your in their way, makes for a less than stellar experience. Im all for people wanting to fish and have a good time, but I dont think they should be allowed on the docks there. There is plenty of bank fishing spots on the creek.