Wellesley island... Help please

Hi I'm going up to Wellesley island next week for family camping/fishing. We have gone every year for 10 years now to the same place and always are pretty successful. I am always looking for more info, and ready to learn new tricks.

-Any input on how to catch larger perch without filling the boat with baby's? Yummy

-any walleyes up there. I've never caught one 😕

Thanks for any info you can send my way... My kids will thank you! They are 10,7, and 5 and if we stay on the fish we can fish longer and that mean more fun for me lol!

Thanks

Ben

I did really well in eel bay last June with pike and Small mouth. Caught a ton of rock bass all the way I the back of the back. Lake of the isles produced a bunch of quality LMB. Pretty much everything was caught on inline spinners like large rooster tails and mepps #5. They say walleye can be found in the SLR. There's a bout there that's popular think it might be #68 but can't be sure. It was right out front from eel bay and up river a bit just down from the 81 bridge. Caught the biggest smallie of my life there but it was really rough so did t stay long. Did t fish for perch. Hope that helps. Ha e fun that's a great area

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The bay at the state launch is as good a spot as any. Like mooseknuckle said;eel bay is good for pike. You can fill your boat with small to medium size pike there. Look for the patches of taller weeds in all the acres of short stuff;that's where they are. Around sunset anchor in the river at the entrance to the bay. Worms and minnows will get you a nice mix of smb,lmb,perch and northerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United