On board fillet table

carpedium

1) Nice boat.

2) Catch and Release ? No mess there, and I know Wegmans is nearby.

Rusty

1) Guy that had it before must have taken good care of it. 2) Yes most of the time, but Wegmans is too expensive!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Deepbluemarine.com. little pricey but they look and work great.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That is nice Matt, even better than you described.

Looks sweet Matt. Wish I had gotten mine with the boat name on it. 

Much nicer than mine! I'd be afraid to cut something on that  :)

I built my own cleaning station and bolted a gimbal mount to the bottom so I can set it in the flushmount rod holder. No extra holes or posts needed in the gunnnel...One of the best additions to the boat...no more filleting on the cooler....no more fish guts in my garbage at home. Only thing that comes home now is cleaned fillets wrapped in ziploc bags.... :)

20130803-P1000693_zps0e1346fc.jpg

Cheers...Jake

How do you dare get away with processing the did he on the boat. Do you save the carcus to show dec. The way I understand the law is that the fish has to be intact. For identification and lenth. Not trying to be that guy but I would love to be able to dispose of the fish out on the water to. How it was always done on the ocean. I know that salmonoids can be gutted but can they be fileted to.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Lily, what you are referring to only applies to Atlantic salmon and Lake trout, otherwise you can process them on the water.   Here is the excert from the DEC regulations website:

Regulations for Harvested Fish Fish Cleaning Law

It is illegal on New York State waters to possess walleye, black bass, brook trout, lake trout or Atlantic salmon that have been cut, dismembered, filleted, skinned or otherwise altered so that the species and total length of such fish cannot be easily determined. However, these fish may be gilled or gutted. Other species of fish may be filleted provided that the skin is not removed from the fillets. This regulation allows more effective enforcement of harvest regulations on protected game fish.

Edited by pvelyk

Thanks for the clarification I thought it was all salmon and trout. That makes life a lot easier with kings. Thank you.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Here in Ontario as long as we leave the skin on the salmon/trout fillet for idendification purposes we are good. I always leave the skin on any ways.....they grill better on the bbq...

Cheers..Jake