Qudrajet

lily

Any body have a quadrants carb off mercruiser 228. Older motor but runs like a top. Need a carb. Small block Chevy. Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Do yourself a favor and put a Edlebrock performer carb on, they were designed to replace the quadrajet, better low end performance and better fuel economy!!!

Looked at edlebrock carb. Most newer marine carbs have j tube for marine use. Mine does not. Niether so automotive carbs. Do I need a marine carb. Has not had one on and has not blown up. Only difference is the j tube. Can I put a automotive carb on a boat

Thanks woody 184 not interested in a rebuild I have done it twice to the one I have now with poor results. Thanks for the offer though. Looking for one that is in usable condition. Thanks again though.

I don't think there's a difference with carbs as long as you use a spark arresters. I think it has to be hard lined up to the carb though. What do you mean by the J tube?

If you look at the top f the carb in front of the front barrels you will see a j shaped pie that comes out on a "marine" carb. Auto motive one don't have it. The purpose is to put fuel back down to the carb if you flood the motor. Makes it a closed circuit of sorts. Make a carbworth about i t 100 dollars more for it to say marine with a that pipe.

I seen a lot of boats Don't have it. I can't see any difference

There are several differences between marine carbs and auto carbs. The primary goals in the

design of marine carbs is to keep flooded gas and fumes inside the engine and reduce corrosion. In addition to the "j" tubes, materials used internally in the carburetor are different and more corrosion resistant.

One important thing to remember is that if you use an auto carb, you are not USCG compliant and your insurance will be void if you have a fire.

I looked into Summit Racing web page on marine carbs, the Edlebrock doesn't have a idle adjustment, what the hell, I'm alway turning at mine, for different types of fishing, the Holley carbs are adjustable and less money, not to mention you will need a spacer plate as all the EdleBrock carbs are square bore, Holley makes a direct replacement but says if you have a heat riser plate for your choke you'll need to use the riser plate also, so really no easy direct bolt on replacement unless you have electric choke then the Holley will bolt right on.

Holy carbs are a big no no from what I've read. More apt to flood and possibly explode. I don't know just what I've read. The safest are edlebrock and quadra jet. Has a quadra jet now.

The major question for me is what is on it is early 80's late 70s. And doesn't have things like the j tube. I think a camaro carb of c 10 truck carb is what is on it.

I can add the j tube on the top end to elevate the chance of fire but I don't have it now so what is the point

Ok thanks guys. You have a number for him. Thanks lake bound88. Still trying to figure out what to do.