cannon speed and temp,sub troll or fish hawk

Fish Hawk all the way.  You dont have to replace perfectly good rigger cable to get it to work.  The coated cable is just another thing to spend money on to replace.  Analog is a thing of the past. 

I have a fishhawk and a depth raider on my boat.  The fishhawk for sure orientents itself to the current.  It is not that I don't use it, it actually can show you the current direction a lot easier.  The depth raider is more reliable as far as consistent speed.  The probe design keeps it fishing better in the current.  It also functions much better at a slower speed then a hawk.  They both have there pluses and minus.  I like both and use both for different applications and programs.  I don't think it really matters which unit you have as long as you can repeat the successful program.

Fish Hawk all the way. You dont have to replace perfectly good rigger cable to get it to work. The coated cable is just another thing to spend money on to replace. Analog is a thing of the past.

With the sub trolls coated cable you do not have to remove the rigger cable at all. I just bought a brand new Cannon rigger this year and rather then stripping all the new cable off, I crimped the coated cable to the rigger cable and it works great! My thought process was keep the spool as full as possible just like a reel.

With the sub trolls coated cable you do not have to remove the rigger cable at all. I just bought a brand new Cannon rigger this year and rather then stripping all the new cable off, I crimped the coated cable to the rigger cable and it works great! My thought process was keep the spool as full as possible just like a reel.

Adding extra cable to the rigger will throw the counter on the rigger off.  I had this conversation with a Cannon Tech when I had my old mag 10s upgraded to mag 20's years ago and wanted to put 400' of cable on the rigger. 

The other thing you can do with the fishhawk is use it on ANY rigger on the boat.  I usually run mine on the port rigger until we laker fish.  It is then moved to the middle rigger to keep the probe away from the bottom. 

Cannon Mag 10 STX comes with 250'.  I would think that is what the counter is calibrated for.  Adding any diameter to the spool will change the accuracy of the counter.  I had 400' put on 2 of my older riggers and they would hit bottom a lot sooner than the rigger with 250'. 

I tried to add coated cable at 150 ft once using the crimp.. worked fine until the crimp got caught in the cable and well SNAP!  All gone.  Not my best play..

Smart Troll. It's better than anything else out there because of it's versatility. You can put a probe on any rigger (you can put a probe on each rigger if you want), or on any dipsey or flatline rod to get a true depth and temp on each line. Speed probe is also available to go on rigger lines.  You can see 6 probes at once.  I like using 2 to see the top and bottom of the preferred temp range. That gives me a really good indication of what range to feed my lines in.

I am selling a moore sub troll w/cannon Lake Troll Downrigger and 10# weight.

Worked great last time out.

I will be coming to Rochester, NY to fish for Lake Trout Saturday. Maybe we can hook up Sunday.

Refernce:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/5075079567.html

6002:MooreSubTroll900.jpg]]http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/5075079567.htmlpost-153673-0-27666400-1434660447_thumb.jpg[/url]

Edited by papawheeler