Necessity the mother of invention.

Forgot my planer board releases today, so we had to make due with what was on board. I extra black releases so slid them down the planer line. I've never heard of anyone doing this but I think it would be a perfect release for copper. Adjustable, and braid backing or mono would work great. I just ran them upside down. Anyone ever done this?

The ones I found on ebay were half-price of the Blacks.

I did see that Andy. It's really not a bad idea for those who don't have a mono insert and who struggle to keep their line in the release

We made due with two blacks the first year. Then added one or two at a time. Like everything on the boat the best gear is the stuff that lasts. We use 14 blacks releases every trip and never had one break.Biggest plus, the blacks slide down to the boards fast.

Red rubber bands, shower curtain hooks and electrical spring clamps work well for me. The rubber bands when stretched indicate small fish on your line. The rubber bands break free from the planer line easily. Also use the rubber bands for downrigger releases. They do not tangle with your lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app