Oswego,reliable condition system

For the second time in as many weeks the weather got nice the NOAA says less than 2 foot waves, winds at 9mph,Wunder ground states even less on the waves.

I load up the boat drive down to Oswego and its white caps and smashing against the break wall. We don't have a reliable system,you would think someone or the USC with all the traffic there would be something down there to get a accurate report of the lake conditions. The USC is always talking safety wouldn't this be part

of the bigger picture. I do know that they are working on putting in a New Web cam through Lake Ontario United and it is being worked on,I do believe its reaching it;s final stages. I'm not sure exactly what it will provide but hopefully a lot more than Wrights landing web cam. I've talked to other boaters, several from not around here and they voice there thoughts, they drive down here only to find the fishing conditions not pleasant. Any thoughts? Please don't say write my Congress men. lol

Isn't the nearest bouy /weather station out towards Sodus-Rochester, the NOAA a map you can click on to get the report from Sodus to Mexico Point,

the same with wunder ground. The Weather can be different 50 miles either way. The app your talking about gets its info from where? I always use what ever there is available on the internet to guide me to go out. Thanks

I use the NOAA Weather Activity planner.

http://forecast.weather.gov/wxplanner.php?site=buf

Click on the map for the location of interest. On the next page click the link on the right that says "48 hr meterogram". On the next page check the items of interest and the date/time of interest. I have had very good luck with this site. I trust it enough to go out several miles on the lake in my kayak.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I do use the light house web cam hanging over wrights landing, it can be very deceiving at times and I used it yesterday, couldn't see white caps from this view, if only it would zoom! Thanks

I know they took the lake buoy out some time ago, any one know what there doing with it?

I use the weather bug pictures from channel 10. One is at lighthouse in Sodus and another is in the Webster area. The picture frame is usually wide enough to see the conditions and if you are familiar with the area you are going to launch at, it should tell you what you need.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app