My Lowrance X-19 combo unit died and I need to replace it. I am looking at the Humminbird 859 ci hd and the Lowrance Elite 7 HDI CHIRP. Both are sonar/GPS combo units and I have done a fair bit of research on both. I am looking to buy from Cabela's as they are both on sale and have manufacturers rebates. I also have a lot of points built up :)

The price difference is only $100.00 so I am not too concerned about the money. I would like some advice from anyone who has one or the other. I  want a good solid unit that will work well and last me at least a few years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am not dead set on buying from Cabela's, I am open to suggestions on any place with good prices. Also open to any suggestions on other units. I would like to keep the price under $600.00. Right now I am leaning towards the Humminbird. Thanks for the help.

Dave

Yankee,

I have two Birds. The 787 and the 789 I believe. My picture is okay, but if you have any ideas to make it better, I am willing to listen. And yes the fish ID is off.

Thank you for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a used pontoon with an 859. Only had it working once on the test drive took delivery and it was DOA. Thought i was out of luck called customer service and the unit was fourteen months old they covered it anyway! Awesome service expect it back this week. I have a 1198 on my other boat and it is smarter than i am looking forward to trying the new settings in the other thread. Tight lines Ron J

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app