Huge Pike on Carleton Island

After catching tons of Chain Pickeral the last few days Finally I hooked into a Pike, and boy did I ever!!! A meal shy of 10 Pounds this beast Drilled my medium Diving Shadow rap (perch) and did she ever give me a battle! Absolutely loved it! I got this nice picture, and watched her swim away to be caught yet another day. :)  

post-146389-0-21267000-1434492974_thumb.png

post-146389-0-25348600-1434493017_thumb.png

Has anyone else been catching a lot of Pickerel this year up there? I have been fishing the St Lawerene my whole life and have seen only a few. This year I have already caught a handful....What is going on?

Nice Pike!

Edited by Bluefin54

It's ridiculous....We caught 4 more pickerel today, this time in Guffin bay.....That makes 11 pickerel in 4 days for us....Now let me put this in perspective for you, we have been coming up here since 2005, and have NEVER caught a single one, this year already caught 11. Also the pickerel have been huge, the size of Walleye. Averaging around 3 1/2 pounds but as large as 4 1/2.

• 1 year later...

It's ridiculous....We caught 4 more pickerel today, this time in Guffin bay.....That makes 11 pickerel in 4 days for us....Now let me put this in perspective for you, we have been coming up here since 2005, and have NEVER caught a single one, this year already caught 11. Also the pickerel have been huge, the size of Walleye. Averaging around 3 1/2 pounds but as large as 4 1/2.

When I used to fish Hemlock the pickerel were 3 to 5 pounds, I thought this was the norm. Even up to 7+

Last spring was the first time I ever caught a pickerel in this part of the river. We caught two off the dock one day in May. That was it until today. We got in shallower then we ment to trolling for pike, and picked up this chunky guy. My son was super excited about the different color pattern than he sees on pike all the time.

post-141263-0-56347100-1467410195_thumb.jpg

post-141263-0-03598000-1467410254_thumb.jpg