owasco derby results

If anyone catches the ones we marked the winning fish should be upwards of 13lbs, that lake has some hogs!!! Would love to be there but FLTA this weekend at Cayuga. Good luck to all who fish that gem of a lake!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150622-1434508814991_thumb.jpg

I my younger days I used to fish the Owasco Derby on Saturday and the FLTA derby on Cayuga on Sunday. Don't know if my health will allow me to fish both this year. That's probably a Saturday night decision.

One can't assume that the lunker will be a laker. Sometimes Owasco gives up a big pike or walleye and I have seen years when the lunker was not a laker.

Although the Owasco derby is a two day derby, an amazing number of the contestants fish Saturday morning and do something else on Sunday. Also, there are anglers that fish for bass and perch, and have almost no chance of taking lunker.

As I recall it was a walleye. It was caught on a point in the SW corner of the lake. After it was weighed in it was released and it stayed under one of the marina docks (Jack pointed it out to me)for a day or two.

Hey men. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of signing up for this derby. We had plans of fishing the A-TOM-MIK this coming weekend, but the big boat is stranded after a big washout from all the rain. Looking to take the smaller boat out locally. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United