Humminbird Sonar Settings for models -> 7xx, 8xx, 9xx, 11xx

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mounted a new Humminbird helix 7. Seems to work fine trolling but when up on plane the depth goes crazy. I mounted the transducer according to the instructions provided. It might be tilted a little back slightly. I thought this would be better than forward to read rigger balls if not exactly parallel with the water line. (Hard to distinguish on the trailer) Could it be air bubbles and turbulence when running faster? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Rick

Mounted a new Humminbird helix 7. Seems to work fine trolling but when up on plane the depth goes crazy. I mounted the transducer according to the instructions provided. It might be tilted a little back slightly. I thought this would be better than forward to read rigger balls if not exactly parallel with the water line. (Hard to distinguish on the trailer) Could it be air bubbles and turbulence when running faster? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Rick

You don't want to angle it back. You will see your DR balls no problem shooting straight down. I don't have a lot of experience with transom mount ducers. Try adjusting it so it shoots down and see if that fixes it.

I used to have a Lowrance FF and Humminbird GPS/FF on my old boat. I used the hummingbird for the GPS only as they will interfere with each other giving you a snow/cluttered screen. I have 2 597's on my boat and have used the settings above, except for the saltwater and have found it works a lot better than before. Depending on my speed I do have to adjust the sensitivity until I get on plane I get lots of snow on the screen in search mode.

These have been a great help in seeing more with my FF, thanks Rich.

Is there neway. To tweak the 597 hd di series as well and if u have a lowrance fish finder hooked up as well will the two work against each other or can only use 1 at a time

I run an 859ci DI GPS with an older Lowrance LMS339 on my 19ft boat. I get no interference on the screen, but my Lowrance ducer is on the left side of the transom and the 859 ducer is on the right side. Humminbird told me that any 2 transducers can cause interference with each other if they are mounted too close to each other, regardless of make or model.

• 3 weeks later...