worm harness wire vs line

Use a stiff fluro, I use 18-20# the harness will stay straight and I use the black colored quick change clevis by Northland they spin nice and you can change blades no problem, I like to make 3 hook harnesses. A charter we took explained why he liked the three hook ones, he claimed it keeps the worm strait and only the tail end dangles and you stand a better chance with short bites on three hooks and also for the hooks I use #2 red circle hook, you can buy all the fancy beads at a supplier or what I do is buy the floats and I use my daughters beads they have 100's in these necklace and bracelet kits, same stuff, glow in the dark beads and colors galore!! Good luck it's fun catching an eye on a harness you made yourself.

If fishing where there are big northerns or tigers etc. you can use the ultra thin titanium wire (leader material) which stays stiff and keeps things spinning real well while offering some "protection" as well.....a little pricey but worth it for that application.

Use a stiff fluro, I use 18-20# the harness will stay straight and I use the black colored quick change clevis by Northland they spin nice and you can change blades no problem, I like to make 3 hook harnesses. A charter we took explained why he liked the three hook ones, he claimed it keeps the worm strait and only the tail end dangles and you stand a better chance with short bites on three hooks and also for the hooks I use #2 red circle hook, you can buy all the fancy beads at a supplier or what I do is buy the floats and I use my daughters beads they have 100's in these necklace and bracelet kits, same stuff, glow in the dark beads and colors galore!! Good luck it's fun catching an eye on a harness you made.

I've been rigging with17teen lb leaders and two hooks,the top is a slider, it keeps the worm strait by sliding the top hook up or down. I slide about 1\4" of shrink tubing over the hook shank, then slide the leader through the tub and the eye of the hook about 2 " and shrink the tub down with a sodering iron till its tight, slide the hook down the leader and cut off leader where you heated the tubing, about 4" . I don't think its any better than a three hook rig, its just my thing. Love those quick change Clevises. Gota check out the hobby shops and check out some beads. :)

W.W. I.V. I like the idea of the sliding hook, very ingenious, I used to make a minnow rig up something to that nature, I never thought of it to incorporate that in a worm harness, thanks for sharing!! That would work great for those short crawlers and the ones that hang past the hook 2"s

W.W. I.V. I like the idea of the sliding hook, very ingenious, I used to make a minnow rig up something to that nature, I never thought of it to incorporate that in a worm harness, thanks for sharing!! That would work great for those short crawlers and the ones that hang past the hook 2"s

Hey pap, about 100yrs ago a friend showed me how to tie that finger lake sliding minnow rig. tryed to remember how but couldn't so I went to the shrink wrap.

I know the feeling it's been mucho years since I stream fished and I been trying to visualize how I did it but coming up with a blank, it used to work neat, it fit any size minnow you wanted to fish, I was thinking about incorporating a stinger on my worm harnesses

I know the feeling it's been mucho years since I stream fished and I been trying to visualize how I did it but coming up with a blank, it used to work neat, it fit any size minnow you wanted to fish, I was thinking about incorporating a stinger on my worm harnesses

pap,If you find the Eyes in the weeds, 6-8 fow you can slide the two hooks together shorten your leader and do a careolina rig with a bullet sinker and cast your rig and swim it through the weeds.

Hey potsie, hope this helps you with your lure making.

Edited by W.W.IV.

pap,If you find the Eyes in the weeds, 6-8 fow you can slide the two hooks together shorten your leader and do a careolina rig with a bullet sinker and cast your rig and swim it through the weeds.

Hey potsie, hope this helps you with your lure making.

Thanks for sharing, because I struggle when they are in shallow as I'm a open water troller,