Well fed bear

spinfly

Man that is a heavy weight, OL' Smokey has some competition. I'd like to see the one your mom has coming in Trouthunter, my aunt lives in Sussex county near the northern line and she says Jersey has a lot of bears, she has 3 that come into the back yard, her yard is huge, very long and they stay at the woods line. A few years ago one decided to take a swim in the neighbors pool (inground) she has pictures pretty cool!! The neighbor was away at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I took this picture about a week before they trapped that guy, about 2 miles away in North Cohocton.  8:30 in the morning and headed for a bunch of houses.  Looked like a real bruiser to me.  Probably the same troublemaker they trapped.  

post-139696-0-57479200-1436739078_thumb.jpg

Wow that's a little scarey seeing that big sucker up on the house like that. Don't let the cat out ..lol

I am running video now bought a new truth cam at Wally's where we see the cubs . That particular opening is quite remote I think they feel like they can hangout and rest up there is a high flat surrounded by really thick cover.

Wow that's a little scarey seeing that big sucker up on the house like that. Don't let the cat out ..lol

I am running video now bought a new truth cam at Wally's where we see the cubs . That particular opening is quite remote I think they feel like they can hangout and rest up there is a high flat surrounded by really thick cover.

The cats are so used to the Bears they walk right past them. Neither seems to care.

My 2nd cousins are Christmas Tree farmers in Arkport.  They have allowed the DEC to release bears on their property for the last decade.  Could very well be one of the original plants.  Huge bear!  :o

Edited by Gill-T