FLTA Tournament this Sunday on Cayuga Postponed

Thanks for the heads up Troutman87. We wanted to get out this weekend but with the possible safety issue it's understandable. Myself and the crew can't wait to fish this event.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ok... I just received another phone call stating since there is really no other date to fit it in in the up coming months the rules committee has decided to reschedule the tournament for next Sunday June 28th... I will post this on our FACEBOOK page as well ...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

I do NOT believe that the rules committee has the authority to change the rules without a vote by the club membership. In my 15 years in the club, it has always been done that way.

Also, each captain gets to drop 2 derbies, so if a captain doesn't feel it is safe to fish, it's their decision, not the rules committee.

When I drove by Dean's Cove this afternoon, there were plenty of rigs in the lot and several boats on the water.

We have had derbies where there was a foot of snow on the launches, 40mph winds, plenty of thunderstorms, and I can remember at least once when we had sunshine, rain, hail, sleet, snow and sunshine and that was in just 20 minutes. There is no reason to cancel or postpone Sunday's derby- and I'll be out on the water.