First big mature out of Sandy Creek

Covered alot of water before landing a nice a mature and twenty min later on the same rod lost another bruiser. He Made a nice 400 foot run. The second he slowed down I picked up 50 feet and he took another 200 feet. Than all at once I felt the hook come unbuttoned........ Managed changing the spark plugs in 500 fow when boat died then salvaged the trip going 5 for 7.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-152622-1434714461478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeremy Goodison

WTG Jeremy.....man....I know that feeling firsthand when a big one comes unbuttoned and its almost like looking in the rearview mirror and seeing the flashing lights of a police car it sucks :lol:  Heck of a fish for this time of year.....and the way things have been going thus far up that way things should be really heating up in late July and August. :yes:

Edited by Sk8man

My goal was to fish shipping lanes. We went out to 550fow and it was still 60 degrees on surface. When I went to head further north looking for 50's n surface temp boat died. Changed the plugs and gotta fired back up but we started a south troll instead in case boat acted up. Temp is still cold. Down 35 feet on average is 50 degrees. Most my relent targeted 25-50 get down. Had kings and Lakers hit the 35 foot rigger.

Tried to repeat Saturday morning but the fishing was brutal. I couldn't find a silver fish if you paid me. Went 5/5 on Lakers. They hit my flat line with 1 oz sinker and Steelie Dan spoon, the 15 foot rigger, 30 foot rigger, and even the dipsy out 75 with orange spoon. Amazing how things change in 48 hr period. That's what keeps up coming back. Next weekend (if boat tune up goes well) I'll be in the shipping lanes until fishing gets consistent.

Do you have a I/O if so that isn't to bad but hanging out over the back makes for a pain in the but "ribs", with three other guys saying {don't drop anything} just makes everything more intense and nerve racking!! Glad to hear you were able to complete your mission.

Pap I have an I/0. Twice it's conked out on me, first time I brushed the plugs fished her back to the dock, second I swapped plugs out and fished her back. This boat is my plan b when the big girl is getting serviced. Got a little bumpy for me ssatutday, but we were catching fish so we stuck it out. Trolled 5 hrs on 2 gallons of gas.

post-152622-14349706218759_thumb.jpg