Great Lakes/Niagara River Musky Season

Well here we are,tonight at midnight is the Great Lakes Waters Muskie Opener!

We have next to no bait fish present in the Buffalo Harbor and I marked no big hooks while walleye fishing to 1 am the other night inside the walls.So I will spend most of my time in open water outside the walls going over reefs & humps of 25 ft to 28 ft out in 30 ft + water!

The river looks to be a sea of floating moss so I will probably avoid going there tonight.Good Luck to all that get on the water tonight at midnight.

Edited by mostlymuskies

I'm not the only one with fish success,many other boats are doing well too,some big girl's have been caught the last few days.Sure right when I have to return to Chautauqua the fishing on the Niagara River is the best I've seen in years!

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Chris & I started trolling the west river at 9:30 pm.Every muskie we marked was directly tight to the bottom,as was the bait fish pods.Moss was not unbearable,cleaning every 30 minutes.Finally we lifted the skunk and Chris reeled in a 38"er at 2:10 am.We quit at 2:45 am giving in to the fact not much happening.

post-144733-0-03880300-1436796919_thumb.jpg

After spending time on Lake Erie walleyes,back out on the Niagara River tonight for muskies.Then tomarrow morning off to the St.Lawerence River for three days of muskies at night there.I will give a report tonight while on the waters of the west river of the Niagara.