I-Bay 6/20/15 - Good fishing continues ***UPDATE: VIDEO ADDED***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAmhvfHjbyU&feature=youtu.be

Hello LOU friends,

I fished for the first time with Tomy Lombardozzi and we had a great time. Today we fished from about 5:15 AM when the first lines went in the water until about 10:00 when we pulled up and headed for shore. We started in 140' and marked some bait in the top 25', but we didn't have any action until we slid out to about 200 fow. We had a classic "grind bite" for the next few hours with a fish here and there, although we did manage one double. We finished the day 9 for 12, with mostly steel, but one lake trout and two Chinook thrown in the mix. We did lose our last fish but managed to get a glimpse of a really nice king after it jumped and spit the hook about 60' behind the boat.

Tomy taught me some nice things today and it was great to get together and fish, especially after reading many of his great reports over the past few years.

We didn't really have any true pattern to our bites today, as everything including the 5/7/10 color cores, slide divers, and riggers all caught fish with a mixture of spoon colors thrown in the mix. We caught fish on N/S/E/W troll but the c urrent was pretty wicked today. The best bite was in the top 25' of the water column as it was an extremely narrow band of warm water from 62 degrees on the surface to a chilly 40 degrees down only 45' ! When we dropped the riggers below 45' they went cold, but as soon as we brought them up in the 15-20' area, they caught fish again. Green seemed to be the best color for us today, although reds did manage a few hits as well.

The following spoons all caught fish:

Albino frog from Mr. Fuller - MVP

42 sec DW standard

Red/yellow SS spoon

Wonderbread UV

Glow Frog standard

Fuller Mixed Veggie slider and mainline on the rigger

Fuller AK 47

Thanks again Tomy for a great day on the water!!

Good luck friends - Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there,

Chris

post-141087-0-72842900-1434823856_thumb.jpg

post-141087-0-25930800-1434823869_thumb.jpg

post-141087-0-60000200-1434823878_thumb.jpg

post-141087-0-49389000-1434823886_thumb.jpg

Edited by momay4000

Thank you Chris for the great time on the water and for the kind words. I really appreciated the opportunity to fish with you, you have constantly been a great resource for me to learn from and get better. I hope we can do it again in the future and I hope that some day I can repay the favor.

Thanks again

Tomy

Chris we were out there as well but found our best to straight out in 135-150 and everything we had out took kinds with a triple to start the morning. We went 9 for 13 with 2 Lakers and 7 kings but but the biggest being just shy of 14#. We had riggers parked at 50 and 60 with moonshine glow spoons and the green dot and black dot flasher with mirage flies and both 5 colors with mag Warrior in a natural look. Our surface was 62 and down 50 was 45 which is where we found them. Glad to hear you had a good day maybe I will catch up to you and Tom sometime out there. Tom R

Chris we were out there as well but found our best to straight out in 135-150 and everything we had out took kinds with a triple to start the morning. We went 9 for 13 with 2 Lakers and 7 kings but but the biggest being just shy of 14#. We had riggers parked at 50 and 60 with moonshine glow spoons and the green dot and black dot flasher with mirage flies and both 5 colors with mag Warrior in a natural look. Our surface was 62 and down 50 was 45 which is where we found them. Glad to hear you had a good day maybe I will catch up to you and Tom sometime out there. Tom R

You are welcome on my boat anytime.

We marked some stuff, mainly bait in the top 25' and a few hooks here and there but not a ton.

Be safe,

Chris

Man that's rocking guys. Thanks for the reports and info. Did you guys happen to mark many fish during the morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We had marks going through the bait like Chris said in the top 25' but most of our fish came up from the depths. A couple of times we had quite a few fish on the screen between the riggers.

Thanks guys for sharing. Gives me a starting point for tomorrow. Did any of you consider going further offshore? Wondering where the bulk of those mature kings are. Not that it ever gets old hooking those steelhead.☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the great reports! If you use your radio what's the channel everyone uses out of I bay?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Usually everyone is on 68 but was kind of quiet today

Fished today as well. Boated over 20 lost another 5-6. Cores, slide divers, and riggers all took fish. 10, 8, 6, 5, and 4 colors all worked. Mix of salmon, steelhead, and lakers. Great quality fish today. It was my buddy's first time ever fishing Ontario and he managed to put 7 on deck. Caught his first salmon steelhead and laker.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148842-14348446851882_thumb.jpg

post-148842-14348447034436_thumb.jpg

post-148842-14348447274652_thumb.jpg