Green flasher/fly combo killed last year. This year id have starved to death if i was using this as my food source. Anyone have luck on this combo or have another idea? I tried geen and black spoons too. Should i ditch the flasher for now?

My experience spoons do good early in the season,then when the water really warms up flasher flys take over...however the past 2 cold starts 

I am scratching my head how long its taking for the fish to move east from the west end.

It may be another year of the phantom fish. They mysteriously disappeared, then one by one started to show up, just about when we figured they were here to stay they disappeared until late in the year. It was the year that the lakers saved a lot of skunks

Ya about 30 ft back has been good to me at around 40 ft down...however when considering spooking fish,higher up in the water column the farther back of the boat,the deeper down shorter leads should not spook the fish as much.

PS. I am no pro by any means.I have been struggling in the early season last 2 years around the Scarborough area.

I have put 18 hours in over 3 days in port credit/bronte area...2 for 2 small kings, nothing crazy. definitely tough fishing this year

caught one on NBK color spoon and one on a stealthy meat rig. everything marked <100 fow, both fish caught in <100 fow. haven't marked bait or fish out deep

Thanks for the info. What is a meat rig? Not familiar. The guy is right about the carp, funny what fish will go for. My brother and i have fished all over the world and its funny how fishing techniques and bait are so different in different countries. We ocean fished a lot in australia and new Zealand and they have some crazy techniques over there. We ran out of bait once and my brother caught a huge fish on bubblegum. Lake ontario is difficult and a long time between fish but what you do catch is high class.

Ok guys, went out today 3-7pm. Temps where in the low 60s in tight and 57ish out deep.Finally found some fish around 6 pm.Got 1/3.Finally put some blood on the deck this year with a 7 lbs rainbow. It was late so I kept trolling homewards otherwise had I circled around I am sure I would have hooked some more.The one that came in the boat did take the meat.

Thanks bro...you are a God sent!

Cheers!

Meat rig just refers to a frozen alewife or herring cured and fished on a device that holds the head and promotes a tight spin. Sometimes a flasher with a meat rig works but I caught my last one after I took the flasher off and fished way back on its own. Hope that helps lots of different manufactures all pretty much do the same thing.