Sandy 6-20-15 Kicked the skunk off the new boat

I grabbed Chinooker's boat he had on sale up here and he has been a great guy to deal with.  We took her out for a shakedown a week ago for two hours after work had a little issue with speed and stalling got advice from Chinooker and Missdemeanor the boat is running much better now.  Today, I convinced my wife and daughter to go fishing and we got a bit of a late start.  We went 2-3 fishing from 10:00 AM to 2 PM.  Very happy to say my daughter kicked  kicked the skunk off the boat by getting the first fish ever on our new boat .  It was a small shaker king on a 7 color leadcore .  My wife followed that up a healthy laker on the same leadcore.  Lost another just after that and things went quiet.  All fish came of a silver spoon with red ladder-back.  It is so great to be back in the game and starting to put fish on the boat!  A big thanks to Matt for all his help with getting all my rods rigged up and for the leadcore that produced so well today and helping with the boat issue.

Tight lines and good luck!

post-140367-0-09344300-1434827427_thumb.jpg

Edited by pvelyk

I grabbed Chinooker's boat he had on sale up here and he has been a great guy to deal with.  We took her out for a shakedown a week ago for two hours after work had a little issue with speed and stalling got advice from Chinooker and Missdemeanor the boat is running much better now.  Today, I convinced my wife and daughter to go fishing and we got a bit of a late start.  We went 2-3 fishing from 10:00 AM to 2 PM.  Very happy to say my daughter kicked  kicked the skunk off the boat by getting the first fish ever on our new boat .  It was a small shaker king on a 7 color leadcore .  My wife followed that up a healthy laker on the same leadcore.  Lost another just after that and things went quiet.  All fish came of a silver spoon with red ladder-back.  It is so great to be back in the game and starting to put fish on the boat!  A big thanks to Matt for all his help with getting all my rods rigged up and for the leadcore that produced so well today and helping with the boat issue.

Tight lines and good luck!

post-140367-0-09344300-1434827427_thumb.jpg

Edited by pvelyk

Nice fish Pat!!! Looking forward to seeing you guys on the water! Glad things are working with the boat too!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app