Got the boat all rigged finally and got out with a couple buddies and man its nice to finally fish on my own boat ! Just wish I had a little better luck. Over the past 2 days we covered alot of water looking for kings with little success from 80 all the way to 350 in search mode both days best temp was in the top 50 over 350 we managed a handful of Lakers and only hooked two kings. both kings were hooked on 6/18 in front of the port in 105 fow one on a 140 dipsy the other on a 45 rigger. only managed to land one of them. Was wondering if any of you had any better luck on kings this past weekend out there?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150887-14348554307524_thumb.jpg

post-150887-14348554490369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sheepdog264

Buddy and I was out yesterday 6/20. Very slow for us. Started in 200 FOW and about 3 miles west of port. Clear warm water on top 60 to 61 degrees. Kept a north troll going all the way to 31.5 north line and only found fair color starting around 375 FOW and out in 31 lines it became clear again. Ran 6 lines, mostly spoons, a couple flasher flies. Only two hits from steelhead that came unbuttoned after wild aerial displays in 380 to 500 fow. The lake has started transition and the temperature was cold below 28 feet, 45 and down degrees. Top 20 feet was warm. The temp had a narrow sharp drop in temp at 26 feet, 46 degrees. One fish hit a 30 down rigger, the other took a 100 foot copper run clean at the knot. Bad east winds all morning made a rocky ride. Can only get better as transition completely changes the game.

Mark

Setup about 5 10 and took 3 kings in close,75 foot of water right in front of harbor,all before 6 am sat,one was 16 pound,after that everything was gone,went deep up to Canadian border and a few steelies,but nothing to right home about,everyday has been different and enough with the east wind!!!!.....good luck guys,and thanks for the report.

Sent from my DROID4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app