Adirondack tigers

I wish I could man! Unfortunately, I'm on vacation most of the winter and I'm getting married next month so all my time is tied up. I'll be back out next weekend for sure. Hopefully water temps don't drop to fast and they stay put.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 8 months later...

I caught one a few years ago.. ( it was also Memorial Day weekend) & she dropped a couple eggs on my seat while getting pics. Not sure if they were viable eggs or not.....I thought it was very interesting. I spoke w a fellow musky guy who is also a veterinarian & he has caught several hundred more than I & never seen that. He thought that could be the 1% that is not sterile....but wasn't sure if it was that or males that were actually sterile.....pretty cool tho.....nice catch fishin NY.....congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

7b967d2a25443d3d5972e9bcaf89b16d.jpg

05e74bc109cc5c77f192bfadf64eb922.jpg

Had some fun with my cousin yesterday. He was up from NC and loves fishing for tigers when he is home. He broke a personal best and blades still seem to trump every other style of bait. He went 4/5 and got one on the figure 8 without ever seeing the fish. Goes to show how important it is to not rush through it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Although these are all from Conesus and were all caught before tis year. I thought you guys might find the color difference interesting. Sorry for posting last years pictures.

post-160122-0-75414000-1465127284_thumb.jpg

post-160122-0-46909100-1465127285_thumb.jpg

post-160122-0-75390500-1465127319_thumb.jpg

Nice work bud! Its nice to see you killing it...you work hard at it. Guy staying in the cabin you were in did a 38 from shore right in front of the cabin. All the big fish im hearing of are coming on bait unfortunately...I havent targeted them in a while other than at night a little.

Thanks guys. I'd be out there every day if I could Justin. Tigers are so intriguing to me. I could fish for pure breads, and I do, but there is something about tigers for me that I can't explain. I think it has more to do with the fact there is an extremely small percentage of anglers who truly target tigers. I'm battling back and forth with a guy from Washington state for top 25 Hybrid releases. He's real good, and has many years of experience on me. I think that has a bit to do with my motivation this year, other than to find the biggest fish in the lake.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you are a Muskies Inc member, log into their website on the main page with your username and password. Then go to the Lunge Log. All the different division reports are available there.

It will probably be difficult to keep up with the size of the tigers that come out of some of those western reservoirs like Tapps, Bluewater, Pineview, etc. It seems to me I remember that high 40" to 50" tigers are caught there every year. Of course, I don't have any idea what kind of potential the lakes you are fishing have. Stay on em and good luck.

Edited by Ivan