Cayuga Jigging Advice

The forecast looks perfect for me to jig tonight.  Since I don't have a trolling motor I am limited to those rare windless days to have any chance of keeping verticle.  Going to be launching out of Myers, any tips, tricks, advice, starting depths, etc. are appreciated.  It's my first time trying to get them on the jig, so all (most) comments are welcome. 

Thanks,

Chris

Lakers are most predictable...head out to ~ 80 fow, drop a white tube jig w/ 1 oz lead down to the bottom, jig a bit, reel up quick a few turns, pause, repeat. Keep doing this as you slide out to ~ 170 fow, and use braid line to feel the bite. It should produce. If you have electronics you may want to reel up quick if you see them chasing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You can still jig in the wind. Just cast your jig downwind so it ends up vertical and at the bottom when it is directly behind the boat, then start reeling in.works up to say a 10 to 15 mph depending on water depth

I would rather have some chip to the water than fishing on flat glass. I run two drift socks off the back of the boat, works great. I like covering water instead of sitting on one spotthen moving to another and so on

Sent from my VS985 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Decent jig bite at Seneca north (40-60 fow) yesterday. Two of us boated 15 lakers and dropped 4 or 5. Pretty much a slow, steady bite all day. Most between 25 and 30 inches. 

Another tactic to use when jigging in the wind (also non windy days) is to cast the jig UPWIND a good distance, let it drop to the bottom, then reel in 30 feet roughly. Open the bail and let the jig fall to the bottom again and repeat the above 4 or 5 times. Was getting hits yesterday doing that. 

One little note on the above "casting" tactics. Since you are reeling in when the laker hits, it can feel like a locomotive hit your jig (exaggeration here off course) sometimes. Definately a blast. Love it.