KOTO/OOO/Sandy creek 6.20-21

KOTO- pre fished for a few hours thurs night with a little luck around 200'. Took off Fri morning to thunderstorms and rain. As soon as we started burning out to our waypoints we saw 3 close strikes so we came back in until around 7. Headed out to 150' and took a few small kings. Once we hit 200' we had a laker and a 15lb king on board both off meat deep. It slowed a little after that when we took a huge rip off of our 120' meat rig- 16 and change king. 5 minutes after fighting the fish our 300' diver meat went screaming. After a 15 minute fight we landed a 17.75 laker. All came out of 205' about 100 down. All west troll going with the waves. We were about 5 miles west so we decided to pull lines and burn east of port to work that water again as an east troll against the waves wasn't working for us. We got back to the mouth at about noon and decided to burn in as we had a whole weekend to fish and didn't want to break anything. We thought we had a decent box, but didn't know it was as good as it was. As we waited for teams to weigh in we saw a lot of smaller lake trout and knew we were in the money- we weighed in a 48.27lb box with 3 fish and we thought we had it. Low and behold mr Paul Czarnecki came strolling in with a 22.5 lb king and beat us by .33 lbs.

We had a good feeling going into the weekend as we did all of our fish but 2 steelhead (weren't targeting them) and sat back at our waypoints and headed west. We picked up 3 quick salmon (all small) and stroked it until about 1030. We headed north in search for some steelhead and only picked up one in 450'. The last two hours we worked inside for lakers and the screen was blank. We only weighed in 4 fish. All spoons today- go figure..

Sunday we knew it was going to take a big box of 20lbers to make some noise so we stuck to our game plan and sat down in 180 headed north. Had a beautiful steelhead when we were putting down our first rigger but it came unbuttoned 20' from the boat (easily 10#) we lost two screamers after that one that came unbuttoned on the first run, second as soon as I got it out of the rod holder. We could not pick up a king to save our lives. We worked back into 100' or so and the lakers were back so we ended up with our 3 lakers and a steelhead day two. Spinny/ fly and spoons took fish again.

Overall a disappointing weekend after a hot start on Friday. The meat bite shut right down on us.

Sandy Creek

Took a few friends out of Sandy on sat- worked our water from OOO and hooked up right away w a 12# king 110' down on meat. Worked west on a happy troll as the waves weren't particularly comfy going into and ripped 1 more 7lb king 90' down again on meat over 180-200fow. Worked in off the nose to laker fish and picked two more up on the way home. Sloooow day.

Sun- wanted a derby brown so we headed east towards the shoals and worked 7-40 fow with a 14 lb laker to show (30') temp was 60 on top 47 5' down. Once we got to the lighthouse we took a turn and hooked up w a 8-9lb brown on a... Get this- we didn't have split shots on the boat so my engineer brother decided to run a spoon behind a stick bait to get it down. Go figure.

On the way home we worked that water to the buoy and caught a bunch of lakers on the way back nothing of size. Dummy me decided to hit the up switch on the starboard rigger without telling anyone and plopped a torpedo in the lake after it jammed up.

If anyone has troutmans number let me know!

loc fishing this weekend also- hoping for some better water!post-150826-14350229405961_thumb.jpgpost-150826-14350229585065_thumb.jpgpost-150826-14350229777489_thumb.jpg

Anyways another crap weekend on the lake. I wish this would set up someday! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by NickR

dave and sheila fished with my wife april and me last fall. sheile is fast to the rod and when a fish hits and when a 24 pound king hits a 3 color with a 10 pound leader set for browns she did a great job getting it to the boat. fun day looking foward to fishing with them this summer.

Edited by rod hog

Dave whats up buddy?  

I got a new phone number so ill send you a text tonight maybe we can set something up in the next couple of weeks to get together for either fishing or something.  We had a great time fishing with you and April.  Sheila is very proud of catching that big king on the 10 lb line she still still talks about it all the time.