Hey guys, 

I am just starting to fish for Salmon, Trout and Lakers out of Henderson Harbor. I have a 21 foot, center console with 200 yamaha. Still young and my dad is restricting the amount of hardware placed on the boat. I am starting this summer with 2 electric cannon's off the rear of the boat. I have done a good amount of research but still pretty clueless. I have a few flasher/fly combos as well as some Michigan stinger spoons. Any advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Dan

Very nice set up and boat but could you be more specific with your question? What area do you need help in? There are lots of guys and gals willing to help on here and very informative. Thanks!

I will be fishing in the "trench" off the high rocks, off stony point near the lighthouse, and the shipping lanes. I am looking for advice as far as lure selection and downrigger and rod set up.  Again very basic advice, I am sure I will need to learn as I go. 

Mostly interested in basic downrigger and rod set ups... should I stack or not? Hoping to convince dad to install 2 rod holders allowing 4 rods total (1 off each downrigger 50lb braid and 1 off each rod holder using wire with dispsy divers (mags)). let me know what you guys think. 

thanks

Hi speed and temp at ball is huge. North woods disc 989-879-1110. Is the best price for fish hawk call for price.dual rod holder on boom will get u more rods. Good luck

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hi speed and temp at ball is huge. North woods disc 989-879-1110. Is the best price for fish hawk call for price.dual rod holder on boom will get u more rods. Good luck

X2 speed and temp at the ball is very important

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Downriggers and wire divers with a 4 rod setup is a great start, especially if you are limited with what you can spend. Get your father out and let him play with a 20# King and spend some quality time together with his son and he might be willing to invest more. If you can get on a charter it will shorten the learning curve and give immediate rewards.

A couple of suggestions:

Go with 30lb Big Game mono instead of the 50# power pro for the riggers. Fleas will be a problem with the power pro and the mono will be easier to work with. You can run free sliders off the mono and add a 20# leader if you're running spoons.

Look at Trax Tech, Bert's or Cisco tracks to set up the boat with rod holders. Go with the longest sections that will fit on the boat. This will let you add, change, or remove rod holders very easily in the future without drilling more holes in the boat and they look good.

You can add electronics like sonar and a Fish Hawk when you can but I would get a vhf radio right away for safety and info while on the water. Remember it's all about the fun, keep it simple at first and learn as you go.

Dual rod holders on the booms, free sliders and the longest mounting tracks you can get will definitely help your cause. Another suggestion if you're limiting the holes you put in the boat to mount I would(if possible) use a mounting board across the transom. Instead of mounting your downrigger bases mount pedestals then mount a mounting board which can be aluminum or wood to the pedestals and then mount your downriggers to it. You can mount more downriggers or rod holders in the future by just mounting to the board. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app