jigging for salmon?

with all the success with jigging big lakers jst wondering if any one has tried this for salmon .. those dead calm days with the fish on bottom seems like a good time to bounce a jig off their nose... always looking for a better way to catch a fish.. or at least another way.. :?

a few years ago we went out off the salmon river in 60 fow & using crippled herring jigs caught 4 for 6 kings . I read an article on using shimano butterfly jigs out in the deep waters off Oswego last year and had about the same results.It's like any other method of fishing ,you have to work at it to perfect it!

Buzz bombs are what I use,mainly in Sept off the deeper pierheads aswell as drifting out in the lake after sundown.

Make of solid lead,they spin/dart horizontally on the free fall,lots of flash & vibration.

Kings mostly grab them on the free fall,so at times,you don't feel them hit(you raise the rod on the upward jigging motion & the fish is on).

Guest ReelDiel

we were trolling the red can late august one year in like 5'ers with limited luck. We seen these 2 canadian guys in a 16' lund bench seats jigging for salmon just off the drop. 1st we couldn't believe they were out there, :shock: 2nd they were crushing'em...jigging in 150 fow, about 90' down thats were we marked the fish it was somehing else. Everytime we went by another one on :$ so i got the stuff to try just never have when i took my capts class one guy was a mate in alaska and said it was big out there