Otter Board Question

I have been having difficulty getting my otter boards to track correctly.  They seem to always want to stall out behind the boat instead of carrying them out to the sides.  Only at high speed do they seem to work right.  I have tried factory settings, and also added another hole to increase the angle to see if that made a difference but still not good.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone else had this problem?

You need to adjust the front and rear tow string lengths a little shorter than BJ says

You can also modify them by adding a second keel with 1/2 the weight if you want to pull long coppers  

Check out this previous post

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/37206-otter-boat/?hl=%2Botter+%2Bboard+%2Bstring

Bottom feeder has the best advice... Stop wasting your time playing around with crap gear and get something that works 100% of the time and worry about catching fish, not shotty equipment. Amish boards are also a great option.

Although they were supposed to be the board going, I can't agree more with Fleet & and Feeder, get yourself a set of double boards, some are made out of a composite material and others are wood, hook them to your tow line and let them creep out to your desired distance and start fishing, you might have to upgrade your tow line as the Dacron line that comes with the original equipment might not stand the pull, I tore off twice before I went with the Blood Run stuff, I forget what they call their line but haven't hade a problem since. Like the saying goes "set'em & forget'em"

You shouldn't be having that stall you speak of. If you don't have them I would get the half keels added on per BJ instructions. Remember to drill lower tow rope line holes also. Front rope 9.5" back 12". I use 200# power pro for tow line. Was running three leadcores (2,3,&4) and 300 copper off my boards this past weekend without any problems. Speed was never over 2 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United