Diver down the chute

Anyone run this? I have a 25' trophy with 8.5' beam with 2 riggers in the corners. Wondering if you can run a chute diver or is it just asking for trouble

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would be afraid of making a mess when turning in strong currents. Also if you get a fish on the rigger no doubt it will be into the dipsy line especially if its a steely

I run coppers down the chute frequently. It was one of those questions that came across my mind as I sitting in my recliner watching the wind blow.

Edited by bout time

Even on the zero setting the divers can be all over the place.....I just run the coppers (one at a time :) ) there

Edited by Sk8man

I have a 22' trophy w/ corner riggers and run my dipseys off each side w/ the weights on a #2 setting then cores and copper on the boards. never tried anything down the chute

You can, but unless you are keeping it under 100 feet it is like everyone else says. It wanders, it is in the middle of rigger action, it is time consuming to clear it quickly. If you only had long lines, copper, other dipsey sets, torpedoes, it would not be an issue so much. Riggers pulling close sets can get testy with chute stuff.

I used to run a Deep-Six diver down the middle.  No problems with tangles unless a rigger shot got into them.  The deep six will run in front of dipsys with a steeper dive curve.  The problem I found was it would kill the spread.  I think the center line was "lining" the fish coming down the middle to look at the riggers?  I don't run them anymore.