Mag dipsy and large dipsy on same side

Yes I have done this many times. The deeper diver should be on the inside. So the mag should be on the inside. Use a 1 setting to get max separation. The #1 dipsey should be on the outside on a 3 setting. 

If you get a fish on the outside diver and want to put it back out, be very careful. We actually move the inside dipsey to the chute to get it right out of the way. Let out the outside diver very slowly and as far out to the side of the boat as possible. The problem with divers being let out is they do not bite into the water and instead just sink right down and straight.  So it can tangle with the inside diver. By letting it out slowly, you are imposing some drag on it which will hopefully allow it to plan out far enough to avoid tangling into your inside diver.

Yes, Tyee has is right!

I run two size 107mm wire divers on one side almost all the time.

Inside (low/deep) is a 1 or 1.5 setting in rearmost holder with 8 foot rod set close to parallel to the water.

Outside (shallow/high) is a 3 or 3.5 setting in forward holder with 9.5 foot rod set up one click in the holder.

Works great.

Be careful to set them out slow as Tyee said.

JAM

Tyee has it exactly right although you can get away with either a 2 or 3 setting on the outside one and my inside one is a 124 mm Deeper Diver set to 0

• 4 weeks later...

It is good practice to have the outside dipsey with a longer line out than the inside. It especially helps on turns and sometimes in high surface currently.  If currents are deep and varying, that can play havoc, but that goes with any line include riggers.  We had a starboard paddle off the rigger go into the port rigger cable when we were 170 ft of cable out last week. It was nuts.