Trolling the st lawerence

Hey every one I've been trying to get on a muskie for most of my life. I have a few questions on how to give my self the best shot. I hooked one a couple years ago in a fire tiger lip less crank. But since then nothing. I was wondering what water depths to troll how fast and what to us has any one ever tried a spin doctor and fly for them seems like it would work

Don't waste your time with a spin doctor and a fly....I tried many combinations of that for over 150,  ten hour days, over the course of three years on the St.Larry. I caught lake trout on it, but no musky. 

If it was going to work, it would have in that time frame? 

We troll 2.5-4 SOG depending on conditions and how baits r running. Ditto recommendations for guided trip. Several guides on the St Lawrence are unbelievable muskie fishermen. Well worth the trip. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sign man charters owned by rich Clarke is excellent guide

I'd also recommend Capt. Bob Walters and Capt. Darryl Raate (Raaven) of Water Wolf Charters:

http://stlawrencemuskiefishing.com/

I will 2nd the choice of Capt Bob Walters of Water Wolf Charters!

Thanks for the recommendations !  

If we are plugging our peers...lets not forget Capt. Paul Corbett.   Hands down he was the top producing Guide last fall up there. 

There are a few more excellent choices of experienced St.Larry guides that all will do their best to put you on a musky, and in the process you will learn at least the techniques they are using that day you are aboard. 

Sign Man and Waterwolf are usually booked up pretty solid from year to year, so call them soon, or you will not get a date. 

• 1 month later...

Bob , Rich and Paul are all good choices to fish the American side of the river , if you are looking to fish the Canadian side around the 40 acre shoal you should contact Muskies Canada they could give you recomendations for a Canadian guide, Muskie Ace Roy Brunner or Fishing fanatic Dave Curtis fish those waters all year round

• 3 weeks later...

Tough yes, impossible no. I was Smallmouth fishing up there last week and the guy in the boat next to me was screaming so I took a look and watched him reel in a 46" Musky casting. They are there but there is so much water to cover and so much structure. There are easier places to get em for sure. Good luck.