Seneca 6/25/2015

Still slow  , 3 for 2 ........24" laker with a small lamprey , and a dink laker...... more stuff washed up along Lodi Point south side and a few big one floating around  out the so keep your eye open.....

small willow tree .....

post-139487-0-08898600-1435262451_thumb.jpg

Hoot with small laker on wire slide diver rod....

post-139487-0-55744000-1435262503_thumb.jpg

set up pictures ....

post-139487-0-61256700-1435262563_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-90295600-1435262614_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-95746800-1435262646_thumb.jpg

At slow speed Just happen ed to stumble on a chunk of wood about 18 inches in diameter and about 20 inches thick out in the middle of north end of Seneca yesterday. Was almost impossible to see. Tried to lift into boat but way too waterlogged and thus heavy. Sure would have hated to hit it even at a slow speed.

I still love that boat set up.  I put my first track and set of holders on my boat and used them for the first time 2 weeks ago they are the cannon single axis and not having used them it just makes me drool that much more over your set up I like the 3 in the front at that point there just extra bling

Nice work Ed! At least you got out and bent a rod. Kinger must have known it wasnt gonna be a banner day!! I tried to take my walleye hound last friday night but he wouldnt even go outside...too cold for him and too comfy in bed with tracy!!! I see a few upgrades since i was on last fall. Is everything the way you want it yet? I gotta figure out the steering motor in my terrova...it basically doesn't work at all....if its not one thing its another.

At slow speed Just happen ed to stumble on a chunk of wood about 18 inches in diameter and about 20 inches thick out in the middle of north end of Seneca yesterday. Was almost impossible to see. Tried to lift into boat but way too waterlogged and thus heavy. Sure would have hated to hit it even at a slow speed.

Still lots of stuff out there we hit a small on the way out today, 

I still love that boat set up.  I put my first track and set of holders on my boat and used them for the first time 2 weeks ago they are the cannon single axis and not having used them it just makes me drool that much more over your set up I like the 3 in the front at that point there just extra bling

single axis are ROCK solid and $20.00 cheaper , once you have it figure out what angle you want and you need more then go with the swivel ones..... the taller one in the front of the boat keeps coming loose so I put it there...... I don't think it would ever fall out but gets pretty sloppy....so I took it off the side...

Nice work Ed! At least you got out and bent a rod. Kinger must have known it wasnt gonna be a banner day!! I tried to take my walleye hound last friday night but he wouldnt even go outside...too cold for him and too comfy in bed with tracy!!! I see a few upgrades since i was on last fall. Is everything the way you want it yet? I gotta figure out the steering motor in my terrova...it basically doesn't work at all....if its not one thing its another.

You will have to come back over and check them out Justin , I'm still tweaking stuff seam like you just never get it JUST RIGHT......LOL...

Do you have it tied into you fishfinder with a lakemaster chip ????   If so they had some IT glitch in that system , that would mess things up, I didn't run mine early on now with two of us in the boat and so slow it pays to have someone behind the wheel at all times............

We got back out today that tree moved 2 to 3 miles north.....

post-139487-0-16410700-1435341582_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-29045800-1435341628_thumb.jpg

didn't do much on the east side and  lots of junk in the water , so pulled up and went over to west.... better over there , went  1 for 2 , lost a landlock off rigger 26' down over 115 fow on a flt glow goby spoon , landed a 19" landlock 71' down sd/fly over 105' .......

• 2 weeks later...

Last report was lost but this one was great , only one landlock but Bills youngest was happy and hung in there in very hot sun on the water.....late start at 10:30 one hit at 40' down over 95' fow , DW greasy chicken wing off rigger...........  17" landlock his mom will be cooking for his dinner....

post-139487-0-49953200-1436181930_thumb.jpg

WTG Ed! Looks like a happy young man! The weekend wasn't as good to me as my "lost report" from Thursday, but did manage 3 for 4 Friday, and 2 for 3 Sunday. All Lakers and all on flies.

Thanks Glen, 

we were back out today fished for over 6 hours only on laker on the wire slidediver rig...... then he ( the young-en ) wanted to troll for bass set up and gave it a go using the I-Polit to steer ...... told me I should be fishing in closer to shore...... told him to set up his spread and I'd take in in..... was more bait but still nothing hitting...... I think we have him HOOKED !!!!!  .. :yes:  :yes:  :yes: ... a kid that young fishing that long with out video games or texting...... impressed me :yes: ....I was ready to quit a hour earlier at least..... :rofl: