21 FT LUND BARRON

aqua lung

We have a 2007 Lund Baron 2150 Grand Sport (that's the outboard model) with a 250 Mercury Verado and a Honda kicker.  Bought it new in 07.  We love it, and it's aging very well, especially for how much we use it.  It has handled any water.  Lake St Clair, Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Georgian Bay, St Lawrence River and our smaller local lakes.

Not sure about those specs.  Our dry weight (boat only) is approx 2200lbs. Verado is about 700lbs. Kicker 150lbs, plus a couple guys, gear, and 78 gallons of fuel puts you around 4000lbs. Specs may have changed some depending on what year it is.  I know the new ones are bigger than our 07.

I'd guess about 30mph or so.

Under powered isn't bad IMO, u can troll down better and troll at higher rpm. You pry can't get a 20 ft boat on plane with 2 ft plus waves anyways(75% of the time). I've fished boats that cruise at 12, they'll get u there and fuel efficient

It is the minimum range for that boat. I had a 22 sylvan for 8 years with the 130 I/0-top speed 32-33, which is fine for most days. At the end of the day or the end of a trip was the plus for the day, a fill-up didn't cost a small fortune and that was trolling with the I/O. To each there own because I have also had some very quick boats over the years.

I saw the listing for the boat your looking at. The motor box takes up space. Plus the I/o needs winterizing compared to outboard. I wouldn't say under powered, but adequate. I passed on the boat due to space and maint. It is a good price though. I have a lund 1900 pro v with a 200 Yamaha and kicker and fish the big water a lot. I can handle 2-3' waves running 15-20mph. top trimmed out speed is 57mph on flatter water.

I fished this past Sat. with Holy Mackerel, in his Lund.  The Big O was to say the least SNOTTY!  Might be biggest waves I have fished on Lake Ontario in my short fishing career.  Stayed high and dry in Mackerel's Red Baron.  Didn't get beat up at all.  That boat is hooked up too.  Very nice fishing platforms.  thanks